I didn’t set up the theme for my website (drgoodvet.com), but I hope to fix the theme after upgrading to the new version (I was several versions behind), because I assumed there was a proper Child-Dynamix theme set up (was not). As a result, I’m learning a lot more about Dynamix 🙂
1) Pages are missing titles. For example, pages with the Default Template are missing titles (http://www.drgoodvet.com/animals-treated/) compared to http://www.drgoodvet.com/meet-our-veterinarians/ (has it’s own template). How do I add the page titles back to the default template?
2) Where do I go to edit the default template? I can’t find it in the Dynamix directory.
3) On my blog (http://www.drgoodvet.com/blog/), I’m missing the featured image of the post (compare to the homepage where two of the blog posts are displayed with their featured image)
4) I’m missing a menu (has three different buttons) that appeared on the top-right side of each page (above annual wellness plans). How do I add a menu to the header?
Thanks and I look forward to learning more about Dynamix!!
1. Are you sure the pages do not have the text BLANK in the alternative title field?
2. There is no default template as such, I’m not sure what you mean by this.
3. I’m not sure why they’re not displaying, as long as you have set in Appearance > Theme Options > Blog > Post Content > to Excerpt + First / Custom Image, it should display.
4. It looks like it has the menu now, can you confirm?
Hello Andy and thanks for responding
1) I’ve added the same title to all available areas in the admin area (see screenshots)
It yields this: http://www.drgoodvet.com/animals-treated/
2) See below for screenshots of the page templates:
3) Works. Thanks!
4) I’m still missing a menu that’s above annual wellness plans (the menu was present before I updated Dynamix). See screenshot below for the dashboard view of the menu settings:
Tom ( Support)Keymaster
I don’t see in the Theme Options where there’s an option to hide the page title. I don’t see anywhere in the admin dashboard where there’s an option for this. Last time I checked, that’s not cooked into WordPress, right?
I’m trying to add the menu to the page on the top-right corner. It will look very similar to this:
Tom ( Support)Keymaster
Sorry my mistake, Andy has already suggested that. To add a menu like that you will need quite a bit of custom CSS and HTML as this is not standard theme options. Please take a look at the following documentation on CSS here.
I have looked into the code and there has been code removed and modified from the core files. Unfortunately, we cannot support a theme that has been modified, I would recommend contacting the previous developer to find out what code they removed.
I am sorry we cannot be of anymore help. I hope you get things back to how it should be.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.