Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Upgrading From Version 2.9

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts

  • Systems Plus
    Participant

    We have Dynamix version 2.9, and we would like to upgrade to the latest version 4.2.2. We tried a test upgrade on our local test server, and it did not work. All of our shortcodes from version 2.9 did not get converted into the new Visual Composer elements.

    So we were thinking of trying to first upgrade version 2.9 to version 3.0, and then again upgrading version 3.0 to 3.9, and then again upgrading version 3.9 to version 4.2.2. By incrementally upgrading, we are hoping that our original shortcodes in version 2.9 get converted properly into the new Visual Composer elements.

    Would you be able to send us the older versions of Dynamix. We would need v 3.0 and v 3.9 (and any intermediate versions that you think we need as well).

    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    I’ve uploaded DynamiX 3.0 for you, hopefully that should convert the shortcodes for you – you can download 3.0 below:

    http://help.themeva.com/tmp/dynamix/DynamiX.zip

    Please let me know once this has been downloaded.

    Kind regards,
    Andy


    Systems Plus
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    It’s probably due to the version of WordPress – there is no straight forward way to update the shortcodes. One thing that it maybe is that you need to re-select your Gallery datasource for the main Galleries, try this and see what happens.

    If you’ve tried that and you’re still having issues, please post your WP login details, I could potentially see what is going on. Unfortunately exporting the XML to me wouldn’t help.


    Systems Plus
    Participant

    How do I reselect the Gallery datasource for the main Galleries? Not sure how to do that.

    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Systems Plus.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Systems Plus.

    Systems Plus
    Participant

    Okay, I found the problem. Some of the shortcode got converted correctly, but other shortcode did not. I think the shortcode that had nested shortcode within it is the main problem. So I think it is just a matter of me cleaning things up on the nested shortcode that did not get converted properly.

    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    I’m glad you got to the bottom of it. It’s a messy process and the automated process can only do so much and it’s not perfect.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.