Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Upgrading to 3.1 with the Envato Plugin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
  • Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Some users are experiencing issues when using the Envato Theme Update Plugin when updating Dynamix to 3.1. If this applies to you, please follow the instructions below. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. As the Author name has been changed to themeva and the Envato plugin doesn’t recognise the change.

There are 5 steps you will need to take to complete the update.

1. Go to Appearance > Editor
    2. Select theme to edit > DynamiX
    3. Change Author: NorthVantage
    4. TO Author: themeva
    5. Update File and update the theme as normal

Updating DynamiX 3.0.5

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Dexter
    Participant

🙂 Cheers

Thomas
    Participant

Hello! I have ran into a problem on this upgrade. I need to find out how to fix it soon! I updated from 2.9.2 to 3.1 this evening and now I have some error I don’t know how to fix. My site is atldreamcenter.com. It seems that the skins and galleries are causing some major problems. Any idea how to fix it? I am assuming it was from the update since that is when this all happened.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Upgrading from 2.9.2 is a huge undertaking, the theme was completely re-written in 3.0. Please create a new topic and I’ll help you separate to this. What you may find is that you have to re-select your Gallery datasource for the home page.

Scott C
    Participant

this worked perfectly. thanks!

Damon Flournoy
    Participant

I followed the steps but still have the same problem. I see the slide set stuff when the page first loads but then the page refreshes and I see the following. I added the image of this to the link below because I could not add it to this post. http://noystech.com/image/ (when you go to the page click the image to enlarge it). Thanks for your help.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

hi Damon,

Visual Composer should not be switched on for slide sets ( see visual composer > content types ). Try clearing your browser cache too, the only other thing it could be is a plugin is interfering. If that’s the case, please create a new thread and post your WP login details, thanks.

Damon Flournoy
    Participant

I deactivated all plug-ins and cleared browser cache but still get the same problem. Any other suggestions.

Damon Flournoy
    Participant

Also under (visual composer > content types) slide-sets is not checked. Can we get on email so I can send my WordPress login and maybe you can check it out.

Damon Flournoy
    Participant

I think I will upgrade to the new version to see if this currently fixes the issue. Currently I’m on 3.03. I will upgrade to 3.1. I will let you know what happens.

Damon Flournoy
    Participant

Still getting the same issue after the update.

Damon Flournoy
    Participant

Upgrading from 3.03 to 3.1 did work to fix the slide sets page. Slide-Sets are back to normal. Thanks for all your help.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Damon, I’m glad it’s resolved now.

Kimberly
    Participant

Hello, I have been using the child theme with customization; it is set up as a private forum — but the upgrade activates the parent theme. When I select child theme again, it’s broken.

I am confused as to what to do to upgrade the parent and keep the child? — thanks.
    Kimberly

Kimberly
    Participant

OK I uploaded the new theme and activated the child theme.
    The theme had the correct author. I am getting this:

Warning: require(CWZ_FILES/inc/page-constants.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.