Home / Forums / ePix Support / Urgent Help – Enquiry form – where are the emails

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Karen Alsop
    Participant

Hi, I set up a number of enquiry forms on my site, but after testing I’m not getting any emails. Quite concerned clients may have already used the forms and I didn’t get their messages. Please advise urgently?

One page with a form: http://emeraldeyephotography.biz/wedding-photography-retreats-2014-capturing-the-moment/

I put in my usual address (not my admin one) karen@emeraldeye.biz

Karen Alsop
    Participant

I’ve checked my spam, I’ve checked the coding of the form, there is no sign of the emails. And I can’t find anywhere in wordpress that shows the emails that may have been sent with the form. This is so concerning, I’ve had this set up for a few days and more than likely have missed some enquiries.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Karen,

Is your server on Window or Linux? If you have a Windows server, check with your hosting company to see if you have PHP Mail installed on your server or else no mail will send from any themes contact form. I recommend contacting your hosting company if you are unsure of this.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Karen Alsop
    Participant

I have no idea but I’ll go into the control panel and look into it and see if I can locate PHP Mail.

Karen Alsop
    Participant

Ok the situation is here:

My website/blog is set up on another domain, not the one I use for email. My website is http://www.emeraldeyephotography.biz (www.emeraldeye.biz redirects to that).

My email is set up through gmail so I log in as karen@emeraldeye.biz

I don’t want email going to karen@emeraldeyephotography.biz

Please advise where I need to go to make any required changes? I type in for the email to go to karen@emeraldeye.biz but nothing comes through.

Karen Alsop
    Participant

I’ve solved the situation temporarily. I’ve set up all emails from the domain emeraldeyephotography.biz to forward to emeraldeye.biz.

I put karen@emeraldeyephotography.biz in as the email to direct to. The emails now come through as a forward. This must mean the issue is with the hosting of emeraldeye.biz which I will look into.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Karen,

I do not have much knowledge about emails and accounts but it sounds like your email accounts may be set to local, so when an email is sent out, it looks locally before sending out to an external address. I recommend double checking this with your hosting company as it does sounds like a server set up issue.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.