Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Urgent: Theme Upgrade Destroys Site

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Clive
    Participant

Just upgraded to DynamiX 3.2.1 and the site has been trashed. The Dashboard is sending errors and asking me to instal Visual Composer, Advanced Excerpt and Revolution Slider – none of the links to download these Plugins works all report “Download failed. A valid URL was not provided.

I have searched for the one plugin that is ‘required’ (Visual Composer) in the WordPress Plugin repository but there is nothing there – where do I get these plugins from?

Client furious (he is an attorney). http://hughwhitlock.com

Urgent help needed before \i have to do a full pre-update restore.

Thanks

Clive
    Participant

Please don’t respond – I have reinstated the site pre-update and will move site onto a more useful theme soon as I can.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

As you are using a child theme, it is trying to find the URLs of the directory DynamiX-Child which do not exist. You will need to change back to the core theme, install the update then install the required plugins, then switch back to your child theme.

Due to new rules and regulations Themeforest have set, features like Visual Composer now have to be implemented via a plugin.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

TimSorrentino
    TimSorrentino
    Participant

Hello Tom,

I too have tried to upgrade my site http://www.sorrentinodesigngroup.com which is dynamix 2.9.2 to the newer version and it became trashed. I uninstalled the new version and reloaded the 2.9.2 and all was well. (scary mess upon seeing the upgrade)

What have I done wrong and how should I proceed to get the latest version installed so my content stays as it is?

Thanks,

Tim

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

What exactly did you have problems with? When updating to the latest version from a very old version like 2.9.2 there are a lot of things that have changed. There will be a few things you need to reselect including your menu, sidebars and you may have to rebuild some pages. The framework of the theme has been updated and there are some big advances in the code.

Please view the following screencasts for more information.

3.+ Overview
    Live Skin Customizer
    Visual Composer

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.