Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / User cannot type query in search box on mobile devices

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Rolan
    Participant

The user cannot type a query in the search box on mobile devices. The Search box works perfectly on desktop computers,
    What is happening is that the keyboard on the tablet or mobile (using an android platform) does not allow any input in the search box. The keyboard works perfectly elsewhere on the site (eg contact form).
    http://www.yesitmatters.com
    Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Rolan,

I’m going to have to look into this further, the issues appears to be related to Android devices only – it thinks the page resizes when you click on the input field and therefore the keyboard disappears. However, it’s not physically resizing, so i’ll have to work out what triggers it.

Rolan
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @yesitmatters

Have you tried to disable any of the plugins to check which of those causing the issue?

Also, can you send us your login credentials for us to check on this further?

Regards,

Rolan
    Participant

Hi @yesitmatters

Can you please give us permission to disable your plugins for us to test it as well or do you have a staging/dev site we can test?

Thanks!

Rolan
    Participant

Hi @yesitmatters

It looks like this is an issue with the theme as it is also evident on our demo site. I have forwarded this to the developer to look into and hopefully fix ASAP.

Regards,

Rolan
    Participant

Hi @yesitmatters

We sincerely apologize for the delayed response.

The developer was busy sorting out issues with the new theme that he did not get a chance to check on this issue the past week. He is now working on this and we will get back to you once this has been sorted out.

If possible, please send over your site’s FTP credentials so we can apply any code fixes easily.

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.