Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Using Stage Gallery in Post / Woo Commerce product page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Dan Streeter
    Participant

Hey guys,

Amazing theme, I’m working on 2.9 as v3 will not upgrade nicely =( but thats ok. The project is near completion so we will stick to 2.9 for the time being until I can spend another day or so re-coding it into v3…

Anyway, I would love to know how I can use a gallery (Stage gallery inparticular) in my post page… (And I believe that the Woo Commerce also takes its settings from the post page for its single product listing).

I’ve managed to get it to work on the cart, checkout and product list pages, but just not the single product or in the wordpress posts page.

Can you help me out?

(Also, your search bar on this forum does not actually search… tested in safari and also chrome on mac… =( I did try looking before posting)

Thanks

Dan

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately it’s not possible to insert on those pages, not unless you did it manually through the code, but it would display on all products and posts.

It’s working okay for me, maybe a temporary issue.

Dan Streeter
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Manually as part of the code is ok – I’ve got it ‘almost’ working by inserting another block of code in my child header.php code that calls on the stage gallery.php file if the page type is not a page and it works.. although does not call upon a gallery…

I guess because there is no source ‘Page’ in the wordpress admin side to set which gallery source it is grabbing…

Would it be possible:

In my header.php file, call upon stage-gallery.php?galleryid=1

In stage-gallery.php – create a small if get = show that ID of the gallery
    This would acheive what I would need as I only need to show one gallery on all the product and post pages… just so it ‘looks’ the same.. without the header image those pages on the site look very broken…

Thanks

Dan

Dan Streeter
    Participant

Hi Andy,

So that was easy =) Just hard coded it in so that if the pagetype was a post it would invoke the call of the stage-gallery script but created a new stage-gallery-post.php file so that I could customise it. Then placed $DYN_stagesetid = “MY STAGE NAME”; at the top and it worked =)

Just need to figure out how to have seperate sidebars for posts and products now… dont think that will be as easy as they both pull from the same thing…

If you have any ideas, let me know.

Thanks

Dan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.