Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Using YouTube Playlist with Video Shortcode

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Sped
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your recent reply in the 'Adjust lightbox size' thread, thought I'd thank here rather than bumping again.

Just a quick one (Hopefully) did you ever try and use the video shortcode with a YouTube playlist successfully?

I have many playlists I'd really like to embed within my website however I can not get them to play using the provided shortcode method, they play fine via routine embed code from google but this means playing around with alternate allingnment coding and all without the nice added touch's I can gain when implementing a shadow etc.

Any assistance and indeed knowledge on if there is a workaround would be greatly received.

I have to say that at first I was mentally blown away by this theme, now x 2 weeks into my build I absolutely adore everything about it. Thank you so much.

Rest assured that as soon as I have some spare cash, I will be donating here for your efforts, certainly looks like your users manage to keep you on your toes 🙂

Regards

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Sped,

I've not experimented with playlists yet – I'll try to look into this over the next week or so and see how best to implement. I'm assuming you can't add playlists on the end of the youtube URL?

Sped
    Participant

The direct URL would go something like this one : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL27E786009DA4F97D

As you can see it looses the  watch?v= which is replaced by playlist?list=

The embed code for such goes like this: iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PL27E786009DA4F97D&hl=en_GB" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

When it works it really is a great way to implement as you are in effect saving so many multiple embeds, there is a little added icon that shows on a playlist window:    (Far left) When you click on that it opens a hover window within the frame where a user can then select whichever video they wish to view included within the playlist.

Hope this info sheds a little light as I would have no honest idea where to begin looking for the relevent video shortcode structure within the theme files, then even if I did, I figure such tweaks are best left to those in charge.  😉

*P.S just made a small donation in way of a thank you, not much but hope it helps get you a couple of coffees at least 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks for the donation Sped! 

I'll have to add a bit of detection in the script and if it see playlist to use that instead of watch. Leave it with me, can't promise it will be imediatiately but it's something I want to implement. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.