Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / v4 3.9 trouble

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Ben Hansen
    Participant

hadn’t upgraded in a while because the client wasn’t happy with the visual differences in v4 too the blogroll layout but v3 doesn’t work with 3.9 would like some help with this ami missing something is there a way to configure a more similar appearance in v4?

thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

We do not keep archives of how the previous updates look. You would need to code it using CSS if you do not like how the theme has evolved.

You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Ben Hansen
    Participant

idk what you mean when you say “We do not keep archives of how the previous updates look.” there is an archive of the v3 branch in the install package. At any rate i know css but the changes are much more significant than a few css tweaks and the client had opted out of the v4 branch due to the drastic change.

It really doesn’t make sense to me that you guy would break the appearance of the almost 9,000 existing installs with such a drastic change without some kind of option to be at least somewhat more like the previous version. opting out of the v4 branch is no longer an option for us due to the incompatibility between v3 and wp 3.9 please tell me you have a better response than “Sorry, thats a customization.”

Ben Hansen
    Participant

one more thing maybe part of the problem is that i cannot find any documentation about v4 or the differences between v3 and v4 all the documentation on this site is for v3 and the differences between v3 and v2. :/ am i missing something here?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

We do not keep old archives online for people to browse through. What exactly do you consider to the differences in the blogroll? Do you have a link to your current site? Please can you highlight the changes that you actually mean? The documentation has information for 3.+. You can refer to the change log at the bottom of the page here, for differences and updates of the versions.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Ben Hansen
    Participant

ok sorry think the problem was that i didn’t have the required plugins installed go ahead and mark this resolved thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.