Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / VC? Home page PHP loop? Site broken :(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
  • Joe
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’ve been trying to find a way to fix this for a while. Yesterday I was cleaning my site up, removing unused plugins, updating plugins, etc. It had been a while since I had updated the theme, so I did so as part of the routine. Shortly afterward, it started loading slowly. All I had done during that time was remove some excess plugins and themes from the multisite.

Eventually the site stopped altogether. Nothing seems to work. VC is up to date. As far as I’ve been able to tell, everything is. But it’s almost impossible to work on now, since it crashes whenever I try to visit the site.

My host has been trying to help me figure it out, but he’s baffled too. We’re at a point where we either throw away all my work and reset to the last save, or fix it going forward. I’d rather do the latter, especially since this isn’t really the first time we’ve had this sort of issue with this site. Something has been making it hang up all along, and I’d like to just find the issue and fix it, if we can.

The host stated this for your benefit:

When pages are opened, in particular the homepage, the PHP process that is generating the page uses extremely high CPU and never seems to complete. Deactivate Visual Composer, and pages load fine. It looks like something about having Visual Composer activated is causing PHP to go into a kind of loop, or else trying to do something that is incredibly CPU intensive (the process will use a full CPU core continually for over a minute, only ending when we forcibly terminate it).

You might be able to get into the site now, I restored the homepage cache file again. If you make updates or possibly if it expires that file may be deleted, which then causes problems as visitors land on the homepage.

All of the plugins are deactivated at this point, but it doesn’t seem to help at all.

Thanks,
    Joe

Joe
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

It looks like you need to do the social-icons fix for font awesome as this can affect things. Please see the post here for more information.

Please let me know if that solves things for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Thank you Tom. I’ll let you know.

Joe
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I’ve done as you suggested, with no results. The site is dead. I can log into the dashboard, but haven’t been able to view the home page without it crashing. All plugins are still inactive.

Thanks,
    Joe

Joe
    Participant

Tom,

It’s Visual Composer. I’ve had trouble with this since I first set the site up, for whatever reason. It just attacks my site. With it off, the site works (no other plugins activated). When I turn it on, the site crashes – specifically the home page. If you look through my history, we’ve been here before, but this time it’s catastrophic. I’ve rebuilt the home page before to try to work around it, and made some headway. Seems a little excessive to have to do it whenever there’s a major update though.

Maybe you can find the root of the problem? At least we’ve gotten this far.

Thanks,
    Joe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

So far the only link I can see if between your hosting, I had a similar issues and switched hosting and now I have no issues at all. This would explain why many others are not having this issue too. Obviously that is the last thing to rule out but it does seem to definitely be related. The cheap server I was using set very low caps on a lot of the memory etc so the site would error out and not load much like yours.

If you could provide your FTP details, I could upload the latest version of Visual Composer that has just been released to see if that solves your issue.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Hi Tom,

We moved the site to this host some months ago because I was advised to due to the same sort of issues. They specialize in WP. So I’ve been paying a lot more for service based on your previous advice already. I’m only using 19% of my disc space and 6% of my bandwidth currently.

He says that Visual Composer is great, and that he’s never seen it do what it’s doing on my site. It seems everyone is baffled, but I’m kinda stuck holding the pieces.

I just loaded the bundled version of VC a couple of days ago, having downloaded the latest version of the theme. But, as I noted, this is an old problem that seems to have come to a head.

You still have the same FTP credentials, but I’ll post them again in a minute.

Thanks,
    Joe

Joe
    Participant

Joe
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

It looks like the FTP just goes to a /blog folder. I cannot actually access your site at all?

Please can you double check them?

Thanks,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Sorry about that. Apparently I had it set up for some issues we had right after we moved it over to these servers. Should be good now.

Thanks,
    Joe

Joe
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

We have been testing your site with VC active and activated and it it still runs slow.

Regarding the PHP loop, this is what I have found in your error log of your site…

‘[20-Jul-2014 02:15:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_is_username_compatibility_mode() in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-common-display.php on line 311
    [20-Jul-2014 02:19:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_is_username_compatibility_mode() in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-common-display.php on line 311
    [20-Jul-2014 02:21:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_is_username_compatibility_mode() in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-common-display.php on line 311
    [20-Jul-2014 02:51:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_is_username_compatibility_mode() in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-common-display.php on line 311
    [20-Jul-2014 02:51:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_is_username_compatibility_mode() in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-common-display.php on line 311
    [20-Jul-2014 04:44:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_is_username_compatibility_mode() in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-common-display.php on line 311
    [20-Jul-2014 04:50:35 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_is_username_compatibility_mode() in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-common-display.php on line 311
    [20-Jul-2014 05:10:09 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_is_username_compatibility_mode() in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-common-display.php on line 311
    [20-Jul-2014 05:43:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_is_username_compatibility_mode() in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-common-display.php on line 311
    [20-Jul-2014 07:11:01 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-includes/query.php on line 28
    [20-Jul-2014 08:31:54 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-includes/query.php on line 28
    [20-Jul-2014 12:58:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-includes/query.php on line 28
    [20-Jul-2014 14:00:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_is_username_compatibility_mode() in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-common-display.php on line 311
    [20-Jul-2014 14:06:42 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_is_username_compatibility_mode() in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-press/sp-api/sp-api-common-display.php on line 311
    [20-Jul-2014 17:30:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-includes/query.php on line 28
    [20-Jul-2014 21:05:59 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-includes/query.php on line 28
    [21-Jul-2014 02:57:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/allabout/public_html/wp-includes/query.php on line 28

A fatal PHP error in the last few days for the simplepress plugin and also your WP install. wp-includes/query.php.

I recommend forwarding this on to your hosting company. We do not believe that this is a theme issue.

The theme is fine for everyone else using it with the odd exception of a server error which is why be think it must be server related.

I am running a few more tests including duplicating your entire site and placing it on my dev server to see if it is your server or not. I will report back with my findings once the site has downloaded. There are many files and plugins to your site!

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Tom,

Yeah, too many plugins and files. I’m trying to clean it up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.