Home / Forums / ePix Support / VC Update Help

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • jchuang90
    Participant

I updated to ePix 2.3, but am having difficulty updating Visual Composer and getting it to work. Every time I click “update”, it says my plugin is at the latest version, which it is not. I currently have 4.7.4 installed.

Thank in advance!

Hi @jchuang90

Can you please send over your site’s URL and WP login and as well as your FTP credentials so we can manually update the Visual Composer from our end?

Regards,

jchuang90
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @jchuang90

Can you also provide the FTP username? I just tried ‘jchuang90’ as the FTP username but it’s not working.

Regards,

jchuang90
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @jchuang90

We have successfully updated the Visual Composer to its latest version. Kindly check and confirm.

Regards,

jchuang90
    Participant

Thank you! Visual Composer is running now.

However, the image effect element does not seem to be working as it should. The circular frame effect previously made my images circular, but they are appearing as elongated ovals now.

Hi @jchuang90

Can you please send screenshots so we can check on that as well?

Regards,

jchuang90
    Participant

It can be seen on the homepage of jchuangphoto.com

Hi @jchuang90

First off, can you please give us permission to disable all your plugins just to be sure none of them is causing the issue?

Regards,

jchuang90
    Participant

Yes.

Hi @jchuang90

I deactivated all plugins except Visual Composer and the issue was fixed. After reactivating all plugins, the issue is now gone and the images now appear in a perfect circle.

Can you please reconnect Jetpack to your site? If the issue will reappear with Jetpack reconnected, that is the possible culprit.

Regards,

jchuang90
    Participant

Reconnected and issue reappears.

Hi @jchuang90

That means there is a module on Jetpack that you are using that is causing this. Try to disable the modules one by one to identify which one is the culprit.

It is like ‘Photon’ so please try to disable it. If disabling it fixes the issue, you can leave it disabled or coordinate with Jetpack’s support to look into the issue.

Regards,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.