Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Video background on mobile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • kenthaigh
    Participant

Hi. I am having trouble getting a video background to show on the mobile version of my site. Everything is fine on the desktop version but it doesn’t load on mobile. This is the relevant page nickfairbairn.com. Grateful any assistance.

Hi @kenthaigh

Video backgrounds are not designed for mobile, so what you are seeing is a normal behavior.

Thanks!

kenthaigh
    Participant

Thanks. I have taken a slightly different approach now. I have a static background for the mobile homepage. Can you advise how to get rid of the white space on the right hand side? I am looking for the image to appear as the same width as the screen.

Thanks!

Hi @kenthaigh

Can you please send over your site’s login credentials as I want to see how the page was set up because there seems to be something wrong with the layout causing the white page.

Thanks!

kenthaigh
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @kenthaigh

I have made changes to the page which eliminated the white space and they look better on mobile now.

Can you please check if it looks good for you?

Thanks!

kenthaigh
    Participant

Hi @kenthaigh

I used the parallax effect on the background as I did not see any background when I disabled it. I have fixed the whitespaces on the page, so can you please recheck your background then check if they look better now?

Thanks!

kenthaigh
    Participant

After further testing and digging, it looks like I have found the issue.

You actually disabled the theme’s responsiveness under Appearance > Theme Options > General , this is why the video was not responding well to mobile devices. Can you please check and confirm from your end?

Regards,

kenthaigh
    Participant

Hi,

I think the best option would be to recreate the page as I can’t seem to see what’s causing the issue. I did create new test page with a Youtube video as background and also another page with your self-hosted video as background and it worked without any issues.

Thanks!

kenthaigh
    Participant

Hi kent,

This is the page I created and I just manually copied the 2 boxes from the Landing page: http://nickfairbairn.com/test-page-with-self-hosted-video/

Thanks!

kenthaigh
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.