Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Video Gallery Timeout problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

• augment

I have a gallery with multiple videos of different durations. I don't want autoplay but I want the gallery to keep rotating offering the user to play any of the videos they like. If a user clicks play, the timeout setting means the video get rotated to the next video whilst the previous is still playing. all sorts of nasty audio clashes occur and in some cases, the video dissapears altogether.

I have the timeout currently set to 300 seconds. this is not a great solution. most people will have left the site before this amount of time has passed. Any ideas how to get around this?

I am currently using 2.75. will upgrading to 2.8 offer any possible solutions.

my site is http://www.studio9.tv

many thanks.

Unfortunately do to various browsers and vimeo/youtube programming this has become a bit of a nightmare. There is no solution to if you use either of these. 

However, I put code in place (lots of it) for videos to work great with JW player (available with 2.8.1). The video is stopped on slide change and also allows you to host your own video. It will play youtube videos aswell. 

I hope that helps

thanks Andy, I was looking f or a reason to self-host with JW player and so along with mobile apple device support, this is it. thanks again for a fantastic product.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.