Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Video Not Working in Stage Gallery

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Noah
    Participant

Hi,

Many thanks for all your help with my newbie questions. New problem, I have embedded a vimeo video in a slide set and would like that video to play in a Stage gallery so that the video overlaps the header at the top of the page. The page looks as though it should work correctly, but the space is empty with no video displayed. If I simply change to a Group Slider gallery it works fine, but of course below the header. I have a Stage gallery with images which is working fine on the home page so not sure what is up… Using WordPress 4.4.2 and DynamiX 5.2 Thanks!

Noah

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Noah,

Do you have a link to the page you’re working on, I’d need to see what you mean.

Noah
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s because you’re using one slide and it doesn’t fire properly unless there are multiple slides. You can overcome this by adding the following custom css to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS:

.page-id-10391 .stage-slider .panel:first-child {display:block !important;}

Noah
    Participant

Thank you Andy, I did as you suggest and placed the code in the Custom CSS, unfortunately as before the video space opens up but does not display the video. Based on your comments above I tried simply adding another empty slide to the slide set which does work, but then the second slide says missing data (or some other error), other idea’s?

Thanks! Noah

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Noah,

Can you post your WP login details and I’ll create a fix for you. You could try the following too:

.page-id-10391 .stage-slider .panel {display:block !important;opacity:1 !important;}

Noah
    Participant

Many thanks Andy, that code revision works!

Last question on this topic… on the same page on the current site:

http://learnaslead.com/approach/common-issues/

There are no black bars above and below the video, but on the dev site:

http://dev.learnaslead.com/approach/your-common-issues/

there are black bars above and below the video. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Honestly I’ve checked and rechecked the current live site to try and figure out what is different but can’t figure it out…

Thanks!

Noah

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Noah,

The method for configuring videos is different in the newer version. It assumes you’re using 16:9 video ratio, but your video looks less than that.

You could try a bit of custom css for that page, enter the following into Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS

.page-id-10391 .container.videotype .videowrap {padding-bottom:44%}

Noah
    Participant

Thanks Andy, that works great! I think I’m really rolling now on the website rebuild. Best,

Noah

Noah
    Participant

actually sorry one more question on this video page, can the video be set to continuously replay automagically in a loop? Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Noah,

I believe you can add ?loop=1 to your vimeo video URL. If that doesn’t work, please post your full video URL here and I’ll provide you with the URL you’ll need to use.

Noah
    Participant

Great, thanks Andy. Sorry should have been able to figure this one out on my own, was thinking is was a setting in Slide Manager. Note that when I added the loop code the video failed to auto start, so I disabled the auto start feature in the slide set manager and added the auto start code as well so it now looks like this… http://vimeo.com/85377185?autoplay=1&loop=1 and all is working great. Thanks again for all your help. Noah

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

That’s great Noah, I’m glad it’s sorted.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.