Home / Forums / ePix Support / Viewing problem on iPad

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • MissFrog
    Participant

Hello again,

Another question as the day comes to a close. Once again, I tried finding the solution by searching this forum with the keyword Ipad. Many similar issues have been reported, but I didn’t the fix explained.

Since iPad viewing is very important to me, I’m wondering why the site’s display is completely modified and not responsive on iPad? I tried different layout options (instead of the widescreen default I selected), but nothing worked.

Any ideas?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It should definitely be responsive. Do you have a screenshot of what it’s doing and does it look the same as http://epix.themeva.com?

MissFrog
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Nope, the layout of the site on iPad definitely doesn’t look like the demo site.

I’ll make a few screenshots when my daughters comes home with her iPad tonight.

MissFrog
    Participant

I’m back with the screenshots. The following screenshots show how the main page of the site appears on an iPad :
    http://emmaboudou.com/art/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/5.jpg

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

None of the links worked, you can upload the screenshots to your WordPress > Media Library and paste the links in here. Have you tried disabling all plugins apart from Visual Composer to see if any are having an effect on the problem?

MissFrog
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Like a big dummy, I deleted this morning those image files I had uploaded last evening thinking I didn’t need them in my media library!!

I’ll ask my daughter to send me new ones…

The only 2 plugins I have installed are the two you suggested we install with the theme.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Can you post your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you. use the “Set as private reply” and I’ll take a look.

MissFrog
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

MissFrog
    Participant

Here’s a link to an iPad scrren shot : http://emmaboudou.com/art/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IMG_2103.jpg

Every element shows up in a single narrow column. And the menu doesn’t work… 🙁

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve tested on the iPad and that’s how it’s supposed to display. It’s in responsive mode which is easier for Tablets and Phones. It stacks the content, otherwise if it display like the desktop, it’s too cramped.

MissFrog
    Participant

Hello Andy,

You say that’s how it’s supposed to display?? How incredibly dissapointing!

I can accept a certain degree of stacking, but this is ridiculous! None of the hoover fonctions show up, leaving the site totally incomprehensible on iPad. 🙁

The demo site online shows up much, much better on iPad than mine. For one, the menu on the demo test site displays properly, which isn’t the case here. And on some of the demo test site pages, the grid gallery appears like a real grid, not single file images like on mine.

Had I known this theme would end up looking so bad on iPad, I never would have spent the money, nor the time, building this site with epix.

I don’t mean to offend. I’m just really dissapointed and utterly discouraged.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  MissFrog.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The Grid Gallery you see on the demo has the “Masonry” effect switched on, you can enable this on your site too and it will appear as a grid on the iPad.

I’m not sure what you mean by the hover functions, I’m only using a simulator – does the hover effect work on the demo? If so, there maybe an issue on your site. I’ll test with a real iPad tomorrow.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.