Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Visual Composer Included with Theme Appears Broken with WordPress 4.5

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • Noah
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Just updated to WordPress v4.5 with theme v5.2 and was sure to delete then re-install the Visual Composer plugin which from the theme is at v4.10. On the Visual Composer website they say the latest release is 4.11.1 with compatibility for WordPress v4.5.

When editing pages the Visual Composer simply does not expand to show the current page elements, hope you can include the latest version of VC soon as I’m at a stand still on site development. Thanks!

cbritton
    Participant

I’m having the same issue.

Paul Dunlop
    Participant

I’m having the same issue as well. Parts of my whole website are not being shown, so for me it is not just the back end of VC having the issue.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

I’ve uploaded the very latest version for you here: http://acoda.com/tmp/js_composer.zip ( 4.11.1 ).

Paul Dunlop
    Participant

Hi Andy, Thanks for that! I have installed and yes the back end of composer is working fine, but the text blocks are broken still on my front end. I notice in their release notes for 4.11.1 they had this…..
    Fixed: vc_remove_param() + Custom WP Theme Front-end editor broke Text block
    So I went to check the version I downloaded from your link, and it is actually 4.11.
    Could you please provide a link to version 4.11.1 please?
    Thank You very much for your time and effort!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

I’ve double checked it and the link above is definitely 4.11.1. If you download the zip > unzip it and locate the changes.txt, you should see it’s 4.11.1.

Paul Dunlop
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    I see, yes you are right. it says Welcome to Visual Composer 4.11, but the version logo says 4.11.1.
    However, none of the text blocks and photos are working on my site and when I turn VC off they appear – drats.

cbritton
    Participant

Did you ever get this working. I would like to confirm a fix before installing the lastest VC. My damage is only on the backend so far.

cbritton
    Participant

Did you ever get this working. I would like to confirm a fix before installing the latest VC. My damage is only on the backend so far.

Paul Dunlop
    Participant

No, it id still doing it, I will likely roll back to WP 4.4 until a fix comes out for this.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  Paul Dunlop.

Lilly
    Participant

We are having the same challenge but will try the fix that Andy has provided… I will let you know if it works … Crossing my finger because we rely on vs completely….

Lilly
    Participant

Hello Andy,

The update you gave works just fine….. You are the BOMB!!!!

Thanking You

xoxox

Paul Dunlop
    Participant

OK, a media library plugin update came out, so I updated that and the site now works fine with vc, both in back and front ends. Odd, because I turned that plugin off when testing. But a good result none the less. Thank You for the effort you put in Andy!

heli
    Participant

Had a similar problem last night when I was updating WordPress. Did the update and whole site disappeared apart from the revolution slider! No VC in the backend either. Major Panic as the updates had worked perfectly on the test site. Tried several things…none of which worked.

Faced with the prospect of having to rebuild the site overnight I switched off all of the plugins to see if the site had actually been wiped or was just invisible. Saw content encased in VC shortcodes and so switched plugins back on one at a time starting with VC. Site started working perfectly – back and front ends.

I have no idea why this worked, but it did and so it might be worthwhile (backup your site first) to give that a go if you’re faced with the white screen of death.

best wishes

Heli

verdeway
    Participant

After updating the plugin, VC is still not working on my site.

I asked VC about it and they sent me the following information:
    Hello, please make sure to update VC up to the 4.11.2 as it is fully compatible with WP 4.5. This will resolve all the issues related to new WP version.

Perhaps the version you supplied (4.11.1) is not up-to-date to be compatible with WP 4.5??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.