Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Visual Composer causing White Out. Memory Limit Issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Des McCrystall
    Participant

Hi,

I have a development website at http://www.pushdesignwebsites.com/devine. The site theme is Dynamix, the plugins are Woo commerce, Revolution Slider 5.1 and Visual Composer 4.8.1. The WP version is 4.3.1. The site is built on my shared database db1 which hosts a majority of my websites – around 30..
    I transferred in my clients domain and setup new hosting as usual. I created a new database entry for the new site and set about making the site ready for wp export.xml + woo commerce cvs and revolution slider export files. This new hosting is on db2 database. I can activate all the required plugins accept visual composer. It causes a site wide white out. As you can imagine this appears odd to as the site worked fine on db1 but not on db2.

I deleted the WP install and database entry using myphpadmin. Re-installed all again. Tried activating the plugin using the Twenty Fifteen theme and again it caused the white out. I can’t work out why it works on db1 and not db2.

From what I gather I suspect this to be a memory limit issue. The service has a 70mb limit – which I suspect is shared rather than per site. Do you recommend I should have dedicated service for this new client. Is there a minimum memory limit the site works to?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Andy Andy.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,
    It does sound like a memory issue, that’s usually the cause of the white screen issues.

You can try this guide to increase the WordPress memory higher than what it is currently anyway: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

If that doesn’t resolve it, I would suggest trying a new hosting account or asking your service provider to see if there is anything in the error logs to suggest what the issue may be.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.