Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Visual Composer columns not displaying correctly with DynamiX theme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Mike Rennie
    Participant

Hi Andy and Tom,

After DynamiX stopped working with my site and server a while back, I switched to another theme for a while but periodically kept trying this theme again (as I loved it so much). With the switch to the newest version, it works again! 🙂 Well, it does except for the Visual Composer columns not displaying correctly. For some reason when any page/post is published the columns don’t work. For example a 4-column setup may display as one (eg. http://hpdev.com.au/coaches/ ), or a 2/3 / 1/3 setup may become half page. Nor do the customisations made within any column (also visible in the link provided, which uses your exact code for your demo for the team page, but I replaced the info in each section with my own). It seems random. I have tried deactivating all plugins but it didn’t help. What should I try to resolve this issue? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Mike

Mike Rennie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Mike Rennie
    Participant

No idea if it is pertinent to the issue, but I’ve also realised that I don’t have any of the Themeva additions to VC, eg. Pricing Tables. I did a search in this forum and found your post re mapper.php from a few weeks back. I tried it but it didn’t change anything so I changed the file back.

Mike Rennie
    Participant

I resolved the missing VC items. It turns out when I switched to this theme the settings in the ‘
    Settings > Visual Composer > General Settings > User groups access rules’
    had changed. Once I ticked ‘select all’ and saved, I could see everything in VC again.

As per my original post, everything is still all jumbled when published though…

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

You have some very strange issues that are coming up. Something is not right with your site. I de-activated all of your plugin apart form VC and it sped up your site but there is still issues with your install which we are not sure of.

It seems VC did not add in the setting it should have and looks like it has been tampered with. Andy has added some code in to sort the layout issue.

Things should be sorted now.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Mike Rennie
    Participant

Many thanks Tom and Andy, I truly appreciate your help. The columns are displaying correctly now. I have no idea what could be wrong with the site install. Perhaps whatever issue is there is why DynamiX had stopped working for me several months back (anytime it was activated the site was completely unresponsive and the only way to get it back was to remove the DynamiX theme folder via FTP. Version 4 fixed that). This question is outside the scope of the support you guys would provide, so no worries if you can’t answer it, but is there a common fix for such things that you would recommend? Eg. a complete reinstall (if that is possible without stuffing up posts/pages and google rankings etc.)?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

We have not come across an issue like that before so its a case of trial and error to find out what could be wrong. There are so many factors sometimes. But to be safe, a complete reset of everything would sort things out. I.e a flush and re-install of WordPress and DynamiX.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.