Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Visual Composer does not display content set to 1/2 + 1/2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Tad Heigel
    Participant

Hi. I have had this issue since we purchased Dynamix but now it is getting to be a necessity that it be corrected. I can use VC to split up page content in all kinds of formats (like 1/3 + 2/3) but not 1/2 + 1/2. The content will always display below the other half. Very weird and I’ve never been able to fix it. Can someone please help? We are running a sidebar left and a sidebar right.

email: theig072@gmail.com

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Tad,

I am not sure why this would be happening, can you try removing the custom code you have added to your site to test if that is the thing that is affecting things?

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tad Heigel
    Participant

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Wise you are.
    OK, so we needed out site to be wider so placed the following code into our Child theme css file:

/* :: Page Width —— */
    #primary-wrapper .row {max-width:1450px;}

The above code still allows the 1/2 + 1/2 split but if we were to leave the site like this we would have a very narrow middle section and the left and right sidebar would be way large. So we then input the following code into our Child css theme:

/* :: Sidebar Width —— */
    #content.layout_six {margin-left:20%; }
    .row .six, .row .two_column {width:60%;}
    .sidebar.columns.four {width:20%;}
    .sidebar.columns.three {width:20%;}
    .sidebar.side_one.layout_six {margin-left: -80%;}

This is where the break is happening. Halfway down our home page there are two sections. One says “What We Do” and the other says “What You Do”. These two section are set to 1/2 + 1/2 but I cant get them to display as such. Any advice on how to get the sizing fixed while still allowing the site to function properly? I’ll post a follow up post with log in information for you.

Tad Heigel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like the code you are using is not quite right.

Try adding in the following

#content.layout_six {width:60%;}

And removing this line,
    .row .six, .row .two_column {width:60%;}

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tad Heigel
    Participant

Tom! That did the trick. So awesome! Thanks for the help.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Tad,

No worries, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Tad Heigel
    Participant

Hey Tom. Thanks for all the help over the last few weeks. I have given you the review on DynamiX. 🙂

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thank you for the kind words, pleasure to help out 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.