Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Visual Composer does not load after latest WP Update.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
  • jorgeutopias
    Participant

Hello, I have the Terso WordPress theme and last week the Visual Composer stopped working after a WordPress update was released.

Now it just hangs when I try to use it.

It seems there’s an update available, which I’m hoping will resolve what I asume is a compatibility issue, but in order to do so I need to input my Visual Composer’s license.
    The problem is, I cannot find it anywhere I don’t know where to look.

As far as I know this was supposed to be included with the theme.

Could you please provide me with some guidance with this problem?
    The developer’s address redirects me here, which is why I’m reaching out to you.

Hi @jorgeutopias

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can personally check on this further from our end?

Regards,

jorgeutopias
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @jorgeutopias

Please delete Visual Composer from your site then download the latest version of Visual Composer here (http://acoda.com/tmp/js_composer.zip) and install it to your site.

Please check if this fixes your issue.

Thanks!

jorgeutopias
    Participant

Hello,

I tried to install what you sent me. It installed correctly, but as soon as I activated the plugin this error came on:

“Error: Class ‘WPBakeryShortCode_VC_Row’ not found in /www/editorialutopias.com.ar/sitionuevo/wp-content/themes/Terso/lib/inc/shortcodes/styled-boxes.php on line 140”

The page froze there and wouldn’t let me access the site nor the admin page. I had to install the previous version via FTP to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi @jorgeutopias

I have coordinated this with the developer. I will get back to you once I have more information on this.

Regards,

Hi @jorgeutopias

Can you please send over your FTP credentials so we can personally try to reinstall Visual Composer?

By the way, there is a new version of DynamiX coming out that will convert a lot of the existing page options of Terso, so we recommend that you consider the upgrade when it’s available.

Thanks!

jorgeutopias
    Participant

Hi @jorgeutopias

I reinstalled VC via FTP and I get the same error. I have forwarded this again to our admins.

Regarding Dynamix, it is newer and is more flexible compared to Terso. This has also been tested and is working on the latest version of WordPress. I am still waiting for the final details since the latest update has not been released yet.

Regards,

jorgeutopias
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for replying to my request and working so hard to solve this issue.

Unfortunately, I really don’t possess the know how to do this, and from what I’ve read online it seems like it’s very risky and I could lose all of my custom settings.

I’m afraid I’m going to have to hold this off for now, as this website is my business.

If you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

Best,
    Jorge

Hi @jorgeutopias

Can you please coordinate with your hosting provider and have them help you make a backup of the database?

Once done, I will personally do the upgrade of the theme and retry the update of Visual Composer.

The database backup will come handy in case something bad happens during the update. 🙂

Regards,

jorgeutopias
    Participant

Hello,

I really appreciate the work you are doing for me.

The data base copies are done, so we can move ahead with the update.

Please let me know if you have any issues with this process, as you can imagine, my work depends on this website.

I’ll await your updates, and once again thank you for the help.

Best,
    Jorge

Hi @jorgeutopias

The theme has been update to version 1.2.2 and Visual Composer has been updated as well. Visual Composer now works without any issues.

Can you please check and confirm from your end?

Thanks!

jorgeutopias
    Participant

Hello,

I’m sorry to say that this still doesn’t work.

When I try to edit the index/inicio page with VC, it just hangs with loading anything.

Besides, in WP desktop there’s a warning that VC is not activated, but when I go to plugins I see that it’s activated, but it’s asking me to update.

When I try to do that it says that I don’t have the licence (it came with the Theme).

I’m sending you 3 screenshots about it.

http://imgur.com/z3GFlI3
    http://imgur.com/sLt40K4
    http://imgur.com/g6f1baB

Do I need the licence key?

I’m really hope we can resolve this as you’ve said in your comment.

Thanks,
    Jorge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.