Home / Forums / ePix Support / Visual Composer intergration

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • allan rosen-ducat
    Participant

Hello,
    I am have a quandary. I purchase EPix theme and every thing seems to be going well
    on site creation. About two weeks ago I get an update message for Visual Composer in WP.
    SO I click on the upgrade link and see it is a paid upgrade. It seemed to me that VC should
    have come loaded with a licensed version of VC and associated shortcodes.
    I am confused, so I purchase the VC upgrade and install. Site begins to do weird things, element
    boxes nonfunctional, etc. I sent a support request to VC-wpbaker, they returned support
    stating that EPIX seems to have the VC built in.

Question: What functionality of VC does EPIX have embedded. What are the must have
    plugins to use with EPIX and where can find the text on this topic.

Thanks

Allan

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Allan,

Yes, Visual Composer is build into ePix. The latest update is bundled with the theme. To update, first update ePix to the latest version, more information here. Then update VC. Go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Admin notice at the top of the WP Admin, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

VC won’t remove this little update notifier so this is the way it must be done.

Hope this helps.

Tom

allan rosen-ducat
    Participant

Tom, Thanks for your response.
    The upgrade message is very confusing, I thought that the VC that came with EPix was a trail version so I purchased
    a pro upgrade. On their site they list a bunch on plugins for VC, I thought that they had to be purchased
    separately. I still have an issue with Add element blocks, button, revel toggle,icon Font, styled boxes , featured boxes and
    single image, the ones I checked,,,do not activate when selected. It doesn’t seem that the element selection is contextual, is there a reason that they might be inactive.

Thanks so much,

Allan

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Allan,

It is annoying that this box still appears but there is nothing we can do to remove it. The version bundled with the theme is a modified version that includes all of the galleries and extras stated in the theme description.

If you still have the latest VC version installed, you will need to go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Admin notice at the top of the WP Admin, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

They should work fine after you install the correct themeva VC. I also recommend resetting your browser cache once installed.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.