Home / Forums / ePix Support / Visual Composer issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
  • JSchwartz
    Participant

Hello,

I’m having several issues after updating the theme from 1.? version to current. My client failed to keep the theme and plugins updated and now everything is unfortunately–a mess! I uninstalled an reinstalled VC after updating the theme but it will not allow me to add anything. For example, when choosing to add a row, nothing happens. I also noticed prior to this that the last row on the page which contained recent posts and a google map wasn’t even appearing inside the backend editor but was showing up as shortcodes under classic editor. I’ve since deleted this row, but then ended up with the inability to add a row. Is this a known issue or should I send you my ftp/WP creds so you can take a look? Thank you.

JSchwartz
    Participant

I also deactivated one plugin at a time and tried to add a row and no go. I also switched themes and it still won’t work.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you post up your WP login details ( click the “Set as private reply” ) and I’ll take a look for you. I’ll be able to tell you what is required.

Can you confirm you have updated WP too?

JSchwartz
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer,

Unfortunately the above login details did not work.

However, it’s worth mentioning you need to switch to the core theme, update Visual Composer ( as per these instructions http://acoda.com/troubleshooting-guide/ ) and then switch back to the Child Theme.

JSchwartz
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer,

I see the error now in the admin and I have to admit, I’m not sure where that is coming from. It’s not the theme, that’s for sure.

Are you running the site on Multi-site? If so, the plugin maybe on the network?

JSchwartz
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Technically I’m not running multi-site, but have two WP installs (main domain and a subdomain) The subdomain uses an ecommerce theme with VC built in as well. Not having an issue on that site (as far as I know)…but I’ll check it out as well. It is definitely strange. I can append to columns and add other components but can’t add a standalone row. Also, the carousel is not working on my “Things to Do & See” page. It loads the carousel but no images will display. I’ve changed the settings on it, removed and re-added the images from the slide set manager but it only displays the arrows (which are clickable) but no images.

JSchwartz
    Participant

Just noticed I was able to add a row on another page, so it looks like it’s the home page that’s having the VC issue.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’ll have to investigate this more tomorrow. I’ve done some testing and I can’t replicate that error at all. Can you post you FTP details and I’ll upload the latest version to see if it rectifies the issue.

JSchwartz
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m just updating it now, let me know if that resolves things 🙂

JSchwartz
    Participant

It’s close! I can add rows on the home page but unfortunately when the home page loads it reads…

Fatal error: Call to undefined method WPBakeryShortCode_FeatureBox::startRow() in /home/pattis18/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/shortcodes/feature-boxes.php on line 197

I’m also not seeing the carousel yet on the things to see and do page (under gardens heading).

JSchwartz
    Participant

Ok, so I ended up with tons of errors and restored from backup, then updated everything again. Although I still can’t add rows on the home page, it’s workable. Thanks for looking into it and I still can’t understand why it’s only affecting the home page, but I’ll keep it as it is now.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

That’s strange. The error “StartRow” error will be resolved for the next update. I’m wondering if the home page has become corrupt. What happens if you switch to “Classic View” on the page, switch to “Text View” copy all the contents into a new page and then try adding a row to it. If that works, save that page as the home page and delete the old one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.