Home / Forums / ePix Support / Visual Composer Issue?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • Tim Hensel
    Participant

Hi Andy

Sorry for the essay here, but I’m really scratching my head on this one!

There’s something a bit odd going on with WordPress, on my site http://www.timhenselphotography.com

I can add a new page, edit it, save it, all as normal.

When I try the same with a post, it won’t save any content. It still sets the URL I’ve specified based on the title, but any content I put in disappears.

Another symptom is that Visual Composer is behaving abnormally – when adding an element the interface which normally disappears when I’ve selected what to add, stays there. I have to close the box manually. Not a problem in itself, but seems to be a symptom of the same issue.

I’ve tried disabling the one plugin I added last week, and a couple of usual culprits such as WP Super Cache and Yoast. I’ve also tried reinstalling the latest version of WordPress (which I was using fine anyway before) and reinstalling Visual Composer. All to no avail.

I asked my hosts (Vidahost) too – their support is generally pretty good. They tried refreshing the permalinks, and disabled then enabled all plugins.

I tried putting in a post in “classic mode” (i.e. without using visual composer) and it seemed to save fine. I could then go back into VC and update it using that, seemingly fine. However, on publishing the post the text I entered in Classic Mode wasn’t showing, only the bit I’d put in with VC. Trying this same route again, both the text I entered in Classic Mode text and in VC were OK – so same input but different result, which I believe is the definition of madness.

I wonder if it’s a visual composer issue? I “found” a copy of VC 4.11.1 (the newest version) and have been using that, as the bundled version wouldn’t work at all after updating to WordPress 4.5 – however going back to the bundled VC again didn’t work.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Tim

anaghbarui
    Participant

I am facing the same problem… Please Help Andy

@Tim Hensel and @anaghbarui

Just to confirm, are you guys using the latest version of Visual Composer below which fixes the issues with WP 4.5?

Here’s the link: http://acoda.com/tmp/js_composer.zip

Thanks!

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Thank you, I’ll give it a try….. just going through plugins now to identify any conflicts!

@Tim Just a follow-up on my last reply, ePix has been updated today to include the newest version of VC and RevSlider. Can you please update your theme and check if the issue persists?

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Will do.

I’ve just deactivated all my plugins, except VC, then been though reactivating them one by one and trying a post each time.

I’ve got back to them all being on… and no issue now! Very odd, because in essence nothing has changed.

The equivalent of turning it off and on again I suppose….

I’ll go and update the theme and VC now anyway, thank you for your help.

Best

Tim

Tim Hensel
    Participant

I can’t see the theme update in the Envato Toolkit yet… when will it be available?

kartik4304
    Participant

I updated the theme just now as well as VC to 4.11.2, but strange that VC code is not working and the elements are not visible on the site.

http://www.photogenics.in

Hi @timhensel Are you still not seeing the update via Envato Toolkit? If you still do not see it, you will need to manually do the update by downloading the new theme from ThemeForest.

@kartik4304 can you please elaborate which part of your site the issue is evident so we can investigate on it from our end?

Thanks!

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Hello! Sorry, most remiss of me not to report back. Yes got it fine through the toolkit thanks 🙂 All working for the time being!

I currently have 3 Epix and 1 Dynamix theme (for me and clients) and I’m about to purchase another Dynamix, so your excellent support is much appreciated!

Glad to know that is now sorted out @timhensel

A new theme will be released by Acoda in the coming days, so stay tuned for it as you may love it as well.

Regards,

kartik4304
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @kartik4304 can you please specify which icons you are referring to? If you are referring to social icons at the footer? It is appearing on my end.

I have checked your portfolio page and the images appear without any issues. Can you please clear your browser cache and recheck? If the issue persists, please specific the specific portfolio and/or send us screenshots so we can visualize the issue better.

Regards,

kartik4304
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tim Hensel
    Participant

@Edcel that sounds exciting, any chance of a sneak preview? 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.