Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Visual Composer: No License Key and Keeps Signing Me Out Of My Site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Carol Ickes
    Participant

Hi, I’ve installed a brand new version of Dynamix and the Visual composer plugin that came with it. It wants me to enter a purchase/license key and gives me this link: http://kb.wpbakery.com/index.php?title=Item_Verification_Code. I wrote to the plugin developer asking for a license key so I could use this with my Dynamix theme but he said he didn’t support third party bundles and you would have to provide it.

Seems like some of the features aren’t working correctly like: No shortcode menu in the wordpress editor and every time I update the page, it signs me out of my site. I have to keep re-entering my username and password to continue.

Also, on the front end using the Visual Composer, I don’t seem to be able to access the options for each element I want to add to the page; ie: same as above, it keeps signing me out and when I try to edit, I get a pop up box entitle: Undefined Settings with 0.

I’ve read through your PDF/documentation and I don’t see any reference to this request for a license key.

I also noticed there are extensions for the Visual Composer available on Codecanyon. If I can get the Visual Composer to work, will these add-ons be compatible?

Please advise me. Thanks, Carol

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Carol,

VC does not update automatically so you need to update it with each update of the theme.

Once you are using the latest version of the theme, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Admin notice at the top of the WP Admin, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

The current latest stable version bundled with the theme is 4.2.2. There is no need to buy the plugin as it is bundled with the theme.

The extensions should work fine with the themeva modified version of VC yes.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Carol Ickes
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I have the newest version of Dynamix and VC installed but it is asking me for a LICENSE KEY. I cannot find one in any of your documentation or any reference to what to do in this regard. It gives me this link: http://kb.wpbakery.com/index.php?title=Item_Verification_Code. I wrote to the VC plugin developer asking for a license key so I could use VC with my Dynamix theme but he said he didn’t support third party bundles and you (Dynamix) would have to provide it. Please advise me on this as it doesn’t seem to work exactly right: see above in my original comment. Thanks.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Carol,

Visual Composer forces this message, we cannot remove it as it is a 3rd party plug. The licence key is not needed as the newer version of the plugin are bundled with the theme.

Tom

Carol Ickes
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Should I see anything in my WordPress Editor, (shortcode icon dropdown menu)? The visual in your PDF indicates the ‘t’ icon. I don’t have this. I thought it might be due to not having the license key.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Carol,

Not to worry, it sounds like you haven’t clicked the ‘Kitchen sink’ icon.

To turn the kitchen sink back on click the button as shown below.

The themeva ‘t’ should also appear.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.