Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Visual composer not working in pages

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Visual Composer is not working in pages but oddly enough, it workds in posts. When i switch to visual composer in pages, the editor just closes and i cannot add anything until i switch back to classic editor. Do you know why this is? my website is, http://www.Bjorspjall.is

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The theme is actually installed incorrectly and maybe affecting this. Please use the Envato plugin to install the theme instead. http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/theme-installation-updating/

You may have to remove the current version of the theme. Currently it’s installed under /wp-content/themes/DynamiX-WordPress/DynamiX, it should be just:

/wp-content/themes/DynamiX

Thank you for the reply.

I did as you suggested, deleted the theme and used the envato plugin to install the theme, but no success, i´m still having trouble with Visual composer not working properly in the Page, it still disappears until i choose classic editor.

There isn´t any catching by the host so that´s not the problem nor do i have plugins that catch.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please can you try to de-activate each plugin one by one to see if there is one that is affecting things. It would also be worth resetting your browser cache. If this doesn’t help, please provide your login details and we will take a further look.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I did as suggested, deactivated all the plugins and tried to use visual composer in pages, but it didn´t work, so it isn´t the plugins.

Is there some way i can send private message if i would like to provide a login and pass to my website so you could take a look?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

To send us your login details, please reply to this post by tick the ‘Set as private reply’ so only Andy and I can see your response.

Kind regards,
    Tom

This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have just logged into your site and Visual Composer seems to be working as normal. I created a test page and added some elements, switched to Classic editor then back again with no issues. The page saved and I could still edit it.

Please can you confirm that you are still having issues?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hi,

I´m still having problems with visual composer in pages. I tried to use Visual composer to create pages in, IE, Chrome and Firefox but all showed the same result, the text editor just disappears and i just get the classic editor button. But like i said before, the visual composer works perfectly in the posts. Just to be safe, i tested this again in another computer and i got the same results, no visual composer when creating pages, i even used the 1Test page you created. This is getting very weird!

Regards,
    Valli

This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Valli,

Glad you got things sorted in the end 🙂

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.