Home / Forums / ePix Support / Visual Composer problem

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • m3fotoconceito
    Participant

Hi
    I tried to update the Visual Composer plugin and didn’t work. After I update to the new version of WP the slide set composer stop working and the plugin still cant be update. I believe is not a plugin compatibility issue because my website runs only Visual composer and Advanced Excerpt plugins.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

A new update has been released for ePix which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too. Updating ePix will solve the slide set issue too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

m3fotoconceito
    Participant

Hi Tom, thank you, but I still need some help đŸ™‚

I’ve installed Envato Toolkit Plugin to update ePix theme, but didn’t work out.

I got a message that the folder already exists (E:/Domains/m3fotoconceito.com.br/wwwroot/wp-content/themes/ePix/) and so it couldn’t be installed.

At documentation page I see the note below:

Note: If you have already installed the theme using an alternative method and wish to use the Envato toolkit plugin, you will need to remove current version of the Theme from the WordPress admin.

You may want to consider a ‘maintenance‘ plugin whilst you make the change over.

I want to be sure that removing the current version and installing the new one, using Envato plugin, will not affect all configs I did when I created the site. Will I have to set up menus, apperance customizations and create pages again?

Thank you

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is a bit strange, theme updates are normally fine when using the Envato plugin.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

m3fotoconceito
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like it has some how been modified slightly. You will need to remove the theme via FTP, then install the theme again using the Envato toolkit plugin.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

m3fotoconceito
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

No, it should keep all of the Theme Options as they are stored in the database and not the theme. You may need to re-select a few things like widgets and menus but thats about it.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

m3fotoconceito
    Participant

Tom,

I don’t know if you tried something again, but somehow the site came up without the theme yesterday. I’ve reinstalled it now and it’s allmost ok.

The problem now is that when I try to edit any item on WPAdmin I get this:
    PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function vc_asset_url() in E:\Domains\m3fotoconceito.com.br\wwwroot\wp-content\themes\ePix\lib\inc\shortcodes\image-effects.php on line 45

Can you help us as soon as possible, please? We have a few projects wainting to be plublished.

Tnx

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Have the login details changed? I cannot seem to log in now.

Make sure you are using the latest version of WordPress, ePix (1.1.3) and Visual Composer (4.2.2). VC must be the version bundled with the theme and not one downloaded from CodeCanyon.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

m3fotoconceito
    Participant

Hi Tom,

The version of Visual Composer I have is 3.7.4. Is this the problem? If yes, how may I update it, if WP Admin doesn’t notify it?

I had just reinstalled the theme, so I think the version 3.7.4 is the one bundled with it, isn’t it?

Thank you

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes this will be a problem as you will continue to receive the same errors as you currently have.

As mentioned in the posts above, once you have updated ePix, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

m3fotoconceito
    Participant

Hi,
    It’s finally done!

Thank you!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated đŸ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.