Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Visual Composer Stripping White Space on Save

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • The Denovati Group
    Participant

Sorry to bother you yet again, but we’re finding more errors and I think they are linked to Visual Composer yet again. When you will release the update?

Basically soft (non coded) white space is being removed from posts. For example, using the login information I shared previously, please go to http://denovati.com/2013/10/twitter-for-business and edit the page. We installed DynamiX 3.2 on 11/11 which included Visual Composer. On 11/21 we made an edit to the post and it appears when the post was saved all the soft white space was removed. If you view the 21 November, 2013 @ 11:03:22 revision, you’ll see that most of the individual boxes on the red side merged into a single green box on the right side with the only divisions being the different rows. If white space is going to be removed each time a post is saved then this is a big issue.

This is the third issue that can be linked to Visual Composer with the other two being.

Adding Links Blanks Elements: http://help.themeva.com/groups/dynamix-support/forum/topic/adding-links-blanks-elements/

Forms Rendering Improperly
    http://help.themeva.com/groups/dynamix-support/forum/topic/forms-rendering-improperly/

Now I could go into the Text Editor and hard code in the white space and links, but that defeats the purpose of having a Visual Composer in the first place. If you can provide a fix for this and release the update of Visual Composer that would be excellent.

Forgot to mention: I tried just restoring the revision but it didn’t work.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I will let Andy know about these issues and get the latest reported to Visual Composer. There is an update coming very soon but I cannot put a date on it.

Kind regards,
    Tom

The Denovati Group
    Participant

Any answer as to why restoring the revision does not work? Would it be worth buying the plugin separately to obtain the update? Would this solve the issues? Or do you have to integrate it into the theme? Frankly I’d rather not pay more for something I alreayd have.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please can you provide a screenshot as we cannot see which part you are referring to regarding the red boxes merging?

If you could provide your FTP details, we can upload the latest version to your site as it looks like they have fixed the Quform issue. There is a big update coming for DynamiX but we cannot really pin point a date of when that will be.

Kind regards,
    Tom

The Denovati Group
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not sure why this would have happened but Andy has updated Visual Composer on your site so this should fix a few of your problems.

Kind regards,
    Tom

The Denovati Group
    Participant

Thanks for the update. This seems to have fixed the link issue. I’ll have my other user check the Quform error since she is the one who is familiar with how it occurred; I’ve only seen what’s needed to be fixed.

I’ve deleted the Quform zip file that I uploaded for you.

A couple questions:

The Version 3.6.14.1 is still installed but deactivated. This is causing the Activate installed plugin message to display. Can we A.) just delete the 3.6.14.1 version, or will this cause issues? Or B.) Just dismiss the message. I’d rather just do A.) since I don’t see why we would need two versions installed.

We are getting a Hola! Please activate your copy of Visual Composer to receive automatic updates. which is of course asking for a license key. Is there something I can enter or should I close the message? We’ve never had to enter anything before, but that’s because it came with the theme.

Can we have a link to the zip file for the VC update? We have three other sites running DynamiX and I’d like to update those as well.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

There should be a 3.7.2 version in your plugin directory. Unless you have deleted the wrong one? Delete the old one and activate the 3.7.2 version.

Kind regards,
    Tom

The Denovati Group
    Participant

Please read my response again. You merged about three different items into one response.

1. The Quform zip file was deleted, not Visual Composer.

2. VC Composer 3.6.14.1 was not deleted, it is merely deactivated. Can this be deleted? 3.7.2 is already activated.

3. I searched through the directories and could not find a zip file for the VC update. Can you provide a link or direct me to where I missed it.

4. Is there a license code I can enter for 3.7.2?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Please can you upload the files again, sorry about that.

2. Yes you can delete the old VC

3. Andy have uploaded VC for you so there is no zip file.

4. In the next version of the theme you won’t get this, it is just temporary with that upload. Please ignore it for the time being.

Kind regards,
    Tom

The Denovati Group
    Participant

Unfortunately this new update is causing yet more (three) problems.

New Issue One: If you go into a new post, enter stuff in, and click Preview it just loads a blank page. Looking at the code of the blank page it gets this far and stops:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <!--[if lt IE 7]> <html class="no-js lt-ie9 lt-ie8 lt-ie7" lang="en"> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if IE 7]>    <html class="no-js lt-ie9 lt-ie8" lang="en"> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if IE 8]>    <html class="no-js lt-ie9" lang="en"> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if gt IE 8]><!--> <html lang="en-US" prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns#"> <!--<![endif]-->
    <head>

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1" />
    <meta property="twitter:account_id" content="44390119" />

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://denovati.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Denovati-favicon.ico" />

<title>4 Twitter Misconceptions - Are You Guilty of Any of Them? | SMART Blog</title>

<link rel="pingback" href="http://denovati.com/xmlrpc.php" />

<style type='text/css'>
    		.stpulldown-gradient
    		{
    			background: #E1E1E1;
    			background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #E1E1E1 0%, #A7A7A7 100%); /* firefox */
    			background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#E1E1E1), color-stop(100%,#A7A7A7)); /* webkit */
    			filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#E1E1E1', endColorstr='#A7A7A7',GradientType=0 ); /* ie */
    			background: -o-linear-gradient(top, #E1E1E1 0%,#A7A7A7 100%); /* opera */
    			color: #636363;
    		}
    		#stpulldown .stpulldown-logo
    		{
    			height: 40px;
    			width: 300px;
    			margin-left: 20px;
    			margin-top: 5px;
    			background:url('') no-repeat;
    		}
    </style>

<!-- This site is optimized with the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin v1.4.19 - http://yoast.com/wordpress/seo/ -->
    <!-- Admin only notice: this page doesn't show a meta description because it doesn't have one, either write it for this page specifically or go into the SEO -> Titles menu and set up a template. -->
    <link rel="canonical" href="http://denovati.com/2013/12/twitter-misconceptions" />
    <link rel="publisher" href="https://plus.google.com/106095850984238899136/"/>
    <meta property="og:locale" content="en_US" />
    <meta property="og:type" content="article" />
    <meta property="og:title" content="4 Twitter Misconceptions - Are You Guilty of Any of Them? | SMART Blog" />

I’ve deactivated Yoast’s WordPress SEO and it loads fine. This occurred before and after I’ve updated the site to reflect the WordPress 3.8 updates.

New Issue Two: In the Text Element, if you go into the Text Editor this happens: http://i.snag.gy/qT6mW.jpg Someone probably programmed the buttons to render responsively to the active window size.

New Issue Three: A minor note: the rows and editing elements attached to rows (e.g., prepend, edit) are not well aligned.

To answer the stuff above.

1. Why did you need the files again? I was refering to the Quform zip file I had updated at your request. Since the new VC fixed the Quform conflict you shouldn’t need it again.

2. Oh thanks. Given the new BS from VC I’ll leave it deactivated in case I need to reactivate it.

3. OK, as I explained I have three other sites that run Dynamix. I was hoping to upload the new version to those sites using the Install Plugins option which requires a zip file.

4. Okay I dismissed this.

Sorry to keeping hitting you with this since it’s not your plugin. VC won’t provide support for anything that’s not a direct sale since it comes with your theme, so that leave you as the point of contact for their mistakes.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

With regards to the latest VC issues, these have been noted after extensive testing of VC and the new DynamiX update. We will be looking into them today to see if there is anything that can be done the theme end.

With regards to, ‘the rows and editing elements attached to rows (e.g., prepend, edit) are not well aligned’ do you have a screenshot of this? The rows and editing elements appear to be perfectly aligned on my development site.

Andy is aiming to upload the new version of DynamiX either later today or first thing Monday. It is best to wait for this version as a few things would have been changed.

Kind regards,
    Tom

The Denovati Group
    Participant

A screenshot is at http://denovati.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/screenshot2.png. It looks better now that WP 3.8 has been updated. That was so minor that I forgot to check it again after dealing with the other stuff. Also, being that it was 2:00 AM didn’t help. If I remember correctly the pen was lower on a diagonal to the +.

One change would be to have the grey border enclose the + and pencil and not run through the center. But this is stylistic and not functional.

I’ll await the update for the rest.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I will take a look at this with the new WP update but the update to DynamiX may also fix this.

Kind regards,
    Tom

The Denovati Group
    Participant

From above: Andy is aiming to upload the new version of DynamiX either later today or first thing Monday. It is best to wait for this version as a few things would have been changed.

It’s now Wednesday. Any updates on this? The numerous Visual Composer issues are frustrating and I’d rather not be working up updating the theme during the Christmas break.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.