Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Visual Composer Update ( WP 4.5 Fix )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

Please find the latest version of Visual Composer below which fixes the issues with WP 4.5.

http://acoda.com/tmp/js_composer.zip

Rickware
    Participant

I tried this fix by completing the remove of the VBC plugin, and I downloaded and installed this version of VC, now I am getting this:

Call to undefined method WPBakeryShortCode_Styledbox::startRow() in /home2/ricklape/public_html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/inc/shortcodes/styled-boxes.php on line 295

HELP!

Rickware
    Participant

I backed out WP 4.5, did a full site restore, so that I am back to the previous version of WP, was able to re-install the base plugin from the theme, it worked – but when I try to install the “fix” VC above, it breaks with the same error above.

verdeway
    Participant

Worked for me! Thanks.

Rickware
    Participant

Well it is not working for me, do you have any suggestions or ideas as to why it is returning this error?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

@rickware – you need to update the Theme to the latest version too, the error you’re seeing doesn’t exist in the later versions of the Theme.

Rickware
    Participant

I use the Envato Toolkit which is tied to Themeforest to see if updates are available, it is not showing me any notice to update? I believe I am running the latest version?

prasadshivangi
    Participant

How do i upload the new version of the VC? Do i uninstall the old version and then install the version you have shared Andy? Because I am getting the message ‘Destination folder already exists. /home/creatf89/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/’ currently. Thanks for the help.

Rickware
    Participant

I downloaded the most current theme from my Themeforest account, applied it, afterwards the padding on the objects in VC where completely offset. Text was bumped up against the border of the body frame and VC column spacing was all off, it was wrapping even though split column what being used. I reversed back to the previous version of the theme and was able to get the site formatted, but I also had to remove the “Fix” VC and revert back to the old one that is supplied with the theme.

Shane Piaggi
    Participant

Hi Andy the updates don’t work for me either..

just to mention VC not displaying content correctly
    Dropdown Panel not triggering
    custom menu drop down menu not working

any help would be great.

http://elevatedfurniture.co.nz/

Cheers

Rickware
    Participant

I have exactly the same issues, all of my drop down menus are not working now, and if I can get the site to apply WP 4.5, the theme goes all weird in that the spacing of the objects in the columns is all wrong.

Shane Piaggi
    Participant

Hi Andy, So all good on this now took my server a bit of time to register the VC plugin as updated..

Also need to cache out the browser. after many time then everything was back in place..
    “Keep theme updated & refresh browser” thanks guys..

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

@rickware, I believe your issues are separate to this. Can you create a new topic and reply to it with your WP login details. I’ll take a look for you.

prasadshivangi
    Participant

How do i upload the new version of the VC? Do i uninstall the old version that came bundled with the theme and then install the version you have shared Andy? Because I am getting the message ‘Destination folder already exists. /home/creatf89/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/’ currently. I am new to this. Any help will be great. Thanks.

Marcio Gomes
    Participant

Hello Andy, HERE ALSO RAN. Thank you =)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.