I have just purchased the full, “un-bundled” version of Visual Composer (from Code Canyon) with which I wish to replace the version that came bundled with DynamiX 5. The site which I will be doing this upgrade on is live and I want to make sure I follow the right procedure. I am using a DynamiX 5.3 as a child theme. How should I perform this upgrade to ensure no data loss or other issues will occur? Thank in advance! Sincerely / Jonas
You need to make a backup first before doing any changes. This will make sure that in case anything happens, you have a backup of your site.
OK, thanks! And I guess the procedure goes as follows:
1. Deactive bundled version of VC
2. Uninstall bundled version of VC
3. Install “full” purchased version of VC
4. Activate “full” purchased version of VC
Am I correct in above assumption? Are there any known issues with this procedure?
Yes, that’s exactly the procedure.
Can you please send us a copy of the full version so we can try to install it from our end? Also send your FTP login and WP Dashboard login.
My apologies for the delay @jonaswnystrom
I totally missed that email. I have seen the file you sent but it looks like you have not sent your FTP and WP login yet.
Can you please send it over so we can check on this further?
Since this is a live site, FTP is vital to minimize down time incase the full version of Visual Composer triggers an error.
Using FTP, we will remain the current Visual Composer then install the plugin you sent. If it fails, then we can revert the change right away via FTP minimizing possible down time.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.