Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Visual Composer – updating procedure?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • jonaswnystrom
    Participant

Hello!

I have just purchased the full, “un-bundled” version of Visual Composer (from Code Canyon) with which I wish to replace the version that came bundled with DynamiX 5. The site which I will be doing this upgrade on is live and I want to make sure I follow the right procedure. I am using a DynamiX 5.3 as a child theme. How should I perform this upgrade to ensure no data loss or other issues will occur? Thank in advance! Sincerely / Jonas

Hi @jonaswnystrom

You need to make a backup first before doing any changes. This will make sure that in case anything happens, you have a backup of your site.

Regards,

jonaswnystrom
    Participant

OK, thanks! And I guess the procedure goes as follows:

1. Deactive bundled version of VC
    2. Uninstall bundled version of VC
    3. Install “full” purchased version of VC
    4. Activate “full” purchased version of VC

Am I correct in above assumption? Are there any known issues with this procedure?

Hi @jonaswnystrom

Yes, that’s exactly the procedure.

Regards,

jonaswnystrom
    Participant

We tried above approach and we get a general WP error – install fail. We had to do a complete rollback since the plugin crashed the entire site. Please let us know how to continue? Thank you.

Hi @jonaswnystrom

Can you please send us a copy of the full version so we can try to install it from our end? Also send your FTP login and WP Dashboard login.

Regards

jonaswnystrom
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

jonaswnystrom
    Participant

Hello! Still no response from you. I emailed the files last week. How’s this going? Thanks.

My apologies for the delay @jonaswnystrom

I totally missed that email. I have seen the file you sent but it looks like you have not sent your FTP and WP login yet.

Can you please send it over so we can check on this further?

Regards,

jonaswnystrom
    Participant

Hi @jonaswnystrom

Since this is a live site, FTP is vital to minimize down time incase the full version of Visual Composer triggers an error.

Using FTP, we will remain the current Visual Composer then install the plugin you sent. If it fails, then we can revert the change right away via FTP minimizing possible down time.

Regards,

jonaswnystrom
    Participant
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.