I think this is quite a commonly discussed topic on this forum, however, since i have not been able to find a solution for my website, i thought i should specifically write to you.
I have edited the meta title, slug and meta description of my home page as I want it to appear on search engines. However, my website is currently appearing on google like this:
I tried to understand why this was happening, so i found these two articles:
http://wpexplorer-themes.com/total/docs/visual-composer-issues/ – this link suggests on ‘SEO’ that i should disable the ‘redirect ugly URL’. I have done that, so there is no problem on that end and the other link https://kb.yoast.com/kb/is-the-plugin-compatible-with-xyz-visual-page-builder/ which is a Yoast article suggests that a code can be added to make the visual composer in syn with yoast.
This is requesting you to please help on this matter. As you would agree, it is extremely important for the home page to have perfect SEO and it appears that visual composer has constant problems with it. If you have any suggestion for me, it’ll really help.
I am currently located in Australia and I think I can work on the site during that time.
To be sure, please do a database backup so you can easily restore that if anything happens. Disabling/enabling the plugins will not break the site but it is best to have a backup.
Please update us once you have the backup so we can proceed.
The issue with the Google Search should be fixed now. It was just a matter of waiting for Google to re-index the new meta information from your site.
Regarding your site’s performance, this is something your hosting/CDN provider can help you with. I did a test for your site and here is the result: https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/eKBHFR/creativeflu.com
The main issue is that the load time is being dragged by items being loaded from myzone-mzmk60xx1zyjtfc5iy.netdna-ssl.com. I assume this is your CDN?
Under ‘Performance Insights’ you will see that these items are graded F. Go to ‘Requests by domain’ and ‘Content size by domain’ and you will see that majority of the items being loaded from myzone-mzmk60xx1zyjtfc5iy.netdna-ssl.com.
If you go to the ‘File Requests’ section, you will see that the bulk of the load time is spent ‘waiting’ for your server/CDN to respond to the request.
This is not something we can fix and you should coordinate with your hosting provider regarding this.
1. You can install that plugin. If that messes up the site, you can easily delete it. To be sure, it is best to keep a backup of your theme files.
2. The fonts contribute to the site’s load time but it is not really that huge since these requests are pretty small.
3. The external CSS/JS is I think referring to JS from Google Fonts, so you can leave it as is. Another option you can consider is call/load the fonts directly from your server instead of calling it externally, but we do not hve support for this.
For minification, the theme’s CSS were actually minified if you check the list. The only CSS not minified are the external ones from Google Fonts. You can leave it as is or coordinate with your hosting provider on how to minify these.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.