Home / Forums / ePix Support / Visual composer vulnerability

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Yvonne de Hont
    Participant

I have received an email about the vulnerability of visual composer in combination with epix theme.

In order to secure your item from these vulnerabilities we strongly encourage you to update to version 4.7.4 or later as soon as possible. We recommend you take the following steps to secure your sites immediately, after first backing up your WordPress site.

Visual Composer Plugin Update Steps

Log in to codecanyon.net and proceed to download the latest version of Visual Composer to your computer from this URL: http://codecanyon.net/item/visual-composer-page-builder-for-wordpress/242431
    Locate and unzip the downloaded plugin file.
    Connect to your server using an FTP client and upload the js_composer directory (from the downloaded zip file) to the wp-content/plugins/ directory. (Note: This will overwrite the old Visual Composer files with the secure versions.)
    Log into WordPress and navigate to the Plugins page to confirm the Visual Composer plugin is version 4.7.4

If I go to the website they mentioned, I can’t even find a plugin file I can download without buying….?
    Also, why can’t I just update from the plugin page within wordpress…?

I don’t have much knowledge about building websites and I am afraid things will go wrong.

Can you please tell where and how I can update visual composer without trouble and making sure it will work just fine with the theme?!
    Thank you so much.

Kind regards,
    Yvonne

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Yvonne,

Please update the theme to the latest version and then follow these instructions for updating Visual composer: http://acoda.com/troubleshooting-guide/

Yvonne de Hont
    Participant

Thanks Andy. That worked just fine. Strange that in the email they did not mentioned it like that.

Nevertheless thanks for your great support!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.