Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Visual Controls no longer available

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Richard Harding
    Participant

Andy,

I no longer have access to the Visual Controls when editing pages and posts. I am not sure what circumstances led to this situation.

Visual Composer 4.5.1 was asking for an update but refusing to initiate the required update. I found the download on your website for the latest Visual Composer (4.11.2) and copied all of the 1076 files to the server. However, the issue remains.

I have deactivated all plugins – problem still exists.

It is becoming a nightmare maintaining the additional plugins (Visual Composer, Sidekick, Contact Form 7 and Slider Revolution) . Slider Revolution is asking me to enter an existing licence key. I needed to enter purchase information for Sidekick and Visual Composer is requesting that I “Please activate your copy of Visual Composer.”

I had purchased a excellent editor for WP years ago which is no longer usable.

Do you have any suggestions regarding the missing visual controls?
    Is there anyway to disentangle all these additional plugs from the Dynamix theme?

Richard Harding

Hi@rzharding

What version of WordPress and theme are you currently using?

Can you send over your login credentials so we can check further on this?

Regards,

Richard Harding
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Richard,

Can you provide your site URL as well?

Thanks!

Richard Harding
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

With ‘Visual Controls’, you mean that the visual tab on the editor is not working, correct?

If yes, this is either caused by another plugin or corrupt WordPress core files. Can you please first redeploy a new copy of WordPress core files?

If the issue persists, disable all plugins leaving just Visual Composer enabled to check which plugin could be breaking the post editor.

Regards,

Richard Harding
    Participant

Yes, the visual tab on the editor is not working at all. I can only access is the text tab.

I have disabled all plugins without any change to the problem. So the next step is to determine if there is a problem with the WordPress installation.

Richard

Try to reinstall the WordPress core files then contact us if the issue persists so we can look into it further.

Also, on your next reply, please give us permission to disable all your plugins so we can test it from our end as well.

Regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.