Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Visual problems with Dynamix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • Craig Cap
    Participant

I have two issues that appear only when using Dynamix.

The first is the button colors are completely distorted. For example, the colors of the buttons on any plugin that uses wordpress buttons (Like the buttons here in this form I’m filling out) are completely messed up. I’ve tried disabling all plugins except the ones that have entry forms and even when only one of those plugins is enabled the problem persists.

example

The buttons work properly if I switch to any other theme.

I can resolve the bug if I remove this code from style.css:

#primary-wrapper input[type="submit"]:hover,
    input[type="button"]:hover,
    #primary-wrapper input[type="button"],
    #primary-wrapper button, #primary-wrapper submit,
    #primary-wrapper input[type="submit"],
    a.button, 
    button.button, 
    input.button, 
    #review_form #submit {  background-color: #425255;border-color: #425255; }

But obviously this is not a permanent solution.

Also, there are a few conflicts with this theme and the Web 2.0 Directory plugin on codecanyon. When this plugin is enabled, attempting to customize the theme causes the options to take up the entire screen, removing the live preview. Additionally, when clicking on the site logo, an additional / is added to the homepage link. Example: http://www.domain.com//

This problem only occurs when this plugin is enabled, but these problems only happen with this theme. All other themes work properly when the plugin is enabled.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

Are you using the latest version of DynamiX? Something similar was fixed in the latest version.

Please can you upload the plugin to your site so that we can test it out as it is a paid for plugin? Please let us know the download link for this and we will fully test it out. Or provide your FTP details and we will test it.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Craig Cap
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

We have tested this with the standard WP theme and it does the same thing with the full width customizer. This is not a theme issue.

I recommend going back to the plugin developer to see if they can solve this issue.

Please can you provide a link to exactly where on your site the black buttons are appearing so we can look into this further?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Craig Cap
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

The button colors on your add-listing page are not being effected by the theme, they are coded into the plugin itself.

To change this, try adding the following CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

.mce-toolbar .mce-ico {
    color: #fff !important;
    }

If this doesn’t work, you will need to edit the plugins CSS file directly.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Craig Cap
    Participant

That code makes some of the buttons more legible, but only under the visual tab, the buttons on the text tab remain black on black. It is not putting the buttons back to the default wordpress colors.

And those colors are not coded by either plugin, because they work fine with all other themes for me, including the default theme – and they also work correctly when I remove that bit of code from style.css in the Dynamix theme. Something in the theme is overriding the built in coloring of these menu buttons built into wordpress, at least for me it is. I’m not sure why that code snippet I posted in the first post causes this conflict – but it does seem to conflict with two separate and unrelated plugins that try to use the built in wordpress menu buttons.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

As it will be picking up off of the standard DynamiX buttons it will style it in this way. It also varies depending on each plugin.

Please try using the following CSS to see if this solves the problem.

#primary-wrapper .wp-editor-wrap input[type="button"] {background-color:transparent;}

Kind regards,
    Tom

Craig Cap
    Participant

Thanks for all the assistance. Most of the buttons are legible now on all of my plugins if I use both code snippets, but the visual buttons are still hard to read.

Is there a way to remove the formatting on those buttons the same way you removed it with the text buttons? Here is how it looks now using the updates in Dynamix, versus a standard theme:

example

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

I have asked Andy about this again and he said the following. Within the style.css file, the primary-wrapper is higher up in the hierarchy than the styling of the buttons so the theme overrides.

If you edit your style.css and change the following:

#primary-wrapper input[type=”button”]

to

input[type=”button”]

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Craig Cap
    Participant

I am aware that I can edit the style.css to resolve this problem, it’s what I mentioned in the first post. Obviously, this is not a real solution since any changes to style.css will need to be made manually every time this theme gets updated.

The more I try to use this theme, the more I find that there is something wrong with it. It is also not working properly with the plugin . Once again, it completely ruins the formatting of the page, and once again this only happens when using Dynamix. No other default or premium theme has any issues.

For testing purposes, I installed Dynamix on a completely different site, once again I disabled all plugins except the ones I tested, and as before – the problem occurs only when Dynamix is activated with absolutely no customization at all.

Here is an example of how the page is supposed to look:
    https://answers.cminds.com/answers/

When I install it using ANY other theme, the formatting is correct.
    cm1

If I activate Dynamix, it looks like this:
    cm2

The text for All Questions in the pulldown menu is entirely gone, and the buttons below it are not aligned properly. This happens on a default WordPress install with no customization at all. I also tested the other plugins mentioned above, and again these visual problems only occur with this theme.

I understand that there are sometimes compatibility issues with themes and plugins, but this particular theme seems to have severe problems with overwriting the styling of plugins that I can’t replicate with any other theme. It doesn’t seem worth it to have to try to resolve formatting issues every time I use a new plugin when there are countless other themes where this doesn’t happen.

Craig Cap
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

We have switched between the theme and none of them actually look particularly great, they are all misaligned, including the Woothemes one which is shunted all the way to the left. They all need some styling tweaks to get them exactly how you want them on any theme. If you switch to the standard TwentyFourteen theme, it is the same. The colors of the tables are different, borders, etc.

The plugin should have these styling options included so that you can adjust it depending on which theme you are using. We can help you to style it to align the buttons correctly etc, but it really differs from theme to theme.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Craig Cap
    Participant

Are you serious? We are talking about two completely different things. All of the other themes make minor styling changes, but none of them BREAK the plugin. Yours does.

Here are the screenshots from the woothemes:

demo3

demo4

Yes, they all make minor styling changes, but that’s to be expected. Your theme MAKES THE WORDS IN THE PULLDOWN MENU DISAPPEAR. Your theme is the ONLY ONE that misaligns the buttons.

demo2

YOUR THEME is the only one that completely destroys the ability to read the text in standard wordpress input buttons.

demo

We are getting to the point of absurdity here. I have now demonstrated 3 separate, popular plugins that become unusably distorted with fundamental formatting errors that make text completely invisible ONLY WITH YOUR THEME. These problems were not always there, but whether it was one of your recent changes, or a change in WordPress – your theme has become completely unusable, and the fact that you represent these problems as minor and the same as minor formatting changes is insulting.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

I can understand your concern but this is the plugin that is misaligning things.

We have given you the above fix for the style.css as a temporary fix, but they will be resolved in the next version. The hierarchy will be taken out so that the plugins will work correctly. This is for the buttons, as stated a few posts up.

If you inspect element on the drop down that is not appearing, you will see some CSS, height specifically, that is set by the plugin itself. If you unselect this CSS option, the menu drop down will appear.

If you change the plugin CSS again, to the following, it will display correctly.

.cma-content ul.cma-thread-orderby {
    margin: 50px 5px 1em -322px !important; 
    }

This is different with every theme, for example, the Woothemes template shunts it over to the left. You would have to custom code this to realign and fix it.

I hope this makes sense.

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.