Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Website Breaking with Visual Composer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • Jason Crowell
    Participant

Hey, My site was operating fine and I haven’t made a change in over a week but I got an email a couple of days ago notifying me of errors in my backup and since then I have been having trouble accessing my website. I am getting server errors when I try to load the site or login to the back end. I contacted my server host and he informed me that everything is fine on his end and that there is a problem with one of the plugins. Apparently once he disabled Visual Composer, the site instantly went back up but as it has been built with VC it became a scrambled mess!

I cant even log into the back end to disable the plugin. Is there an issue with the theme and visual composer, or what do you suggest I do? My website is http://www.jasoncrowell.com.au you may be able to see what is happening if you go there.

Thanks,
    Jason

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Are you using the latest version of Visual Composer (4.2.2)? If not, I recommend updating it.

If you are using the latest version of DynamiX (4.0.8), you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

I also noticed that you have added your analytics code (UA-1234) into the Analytics field instead of the actual script code that they provide. If you do not add the full code in, the UA-1234 etc code, will just appear at the top of your site. I recommend double checking this.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jason Crowell
    Participant

Thanks Tom, It appears to be up and running again. When I logged in it mentioned something about JS composer not existing. Isnt that in the Visual Composer Plugin?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

I am not sure what this is. If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jason Crowell
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

I currently cannot see anything wrong with your site. It loads up fast, editing pages works fine, navigating around the admin, viewing the plugins including Visual Composer. I cannot see any issues.

From looking at your backup errors, they were coming from Dropbox not being able to connect to its server. This isn’t anything to do with the theme.

Can you please tell me exactly what the errors are that appear when the site goes down?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jason Crowell
    Participant

It was timing out and doing a 500 internal server error. Once the js_composer plugin was disabled forcibly by changing the name of the plugin folder the site then came up instantly and was always accessible. This is what I was told by the guy hosting my account. It comes and goes but when I did get in, it mentioned js_composer being broken and not working. I am not sure what it is.. Its just annoying that it decided to work at the time that you went in. (As always in Murphys Law) I appreciate your support and will be sure to leave good feedback and recommendations once the problems are fixed. Its crazy at the moment as I have a magazine feature coming up which will be driving a lot of traffic to my site in the next month or two so I need to know that I can trust it and not have it dropping out Intermittently.

Thanks,
    Jason

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

I now currently cannot access your site. Please can you provide FTP details and I will try to diagnose the issue for you? Please set your reply to private also.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jason Crowell
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

I cannot seem to log into your FTP using those details. Please can you double check them and get back to me?

Thanks,
    Tom

Jason Crowell
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Jason Crowell
    Participant

Jason Crowell
    Participant

I have just been informed that there may have been a network issue affecting overseas connections in the data centre over the weekend which has been resolved now. Try again and let me know if you have any issues as there should not be anything causing trouble now.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

No error log on your server so I cannot actually see what the main errors are on your site. I recommend contacting your hosting company to ask them about this.

But what I could see is errors on the front end. One big one was from your plugin, Rizzi-Guestbook, which was throwing out a big error. Once de-activated, the site fired back up and is now working with Visual composer.

I also recommend using a different gallery on your home page. The 3d gallery is quite old now and takes a long time to load. It is recommended to use Revolution slider instead as it will load up very quick in comparison.

Your site now displays correctly and loads up but as you can see from the website tests here, there is a 37 second wait for the site to connect to your server. This is not a theme issue but a server issue. Contact your hosting company about this and see what they say.

Hope this helps, we are getting there!

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.