Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Where is the 2.7.5 update located?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Theleaksquad
    Participant

Do I just download the theme again?

If so WP is not letting me upload the update it is saying that destination folder already exsists.

Anonymous

Hi,

The best method is to use FTP for upgrading the theme, you can just overwrite the files on the server with the new files.

If however you still want to use WP admin for upgrading you have to either rename the Theme folder (See http://help.themeva.com/dynamix-getting-started/installing-dynamix/ for locating the actual Theme Folder) to DynamiX2.7.5 and re-zip that folder and upload via your WP admin.

You will then need to activate the new version.

Hope that helps.

Theleaksquad
    Participant

Thanks so much!!

ZaboRacing
    Participant

If I could be so bold Andy….. what I do, and it appears to work is:

1. re-download the updated theme from here:

2. unzip the the update file to a folder in your computer and just let it sit there. Next, go open your FTP and go to: > public_html > wp-content > themes …. and create a new folder called DynamiX2.7.5

3. Go back to your computer and copy the contents of the folder from within the unzipped download on your computer called ‘DynamiX’, and paste them into your Dynamix2.7.5 folder on your FTP so as when it’s finished, it should look like this:

**NOTE**
    From the unzipped file on your computer, DO NOT UPLOAD THE FOLDERS ‘Extras’ ‘Licensing’ or ‘PSD’….. JUST the contents of the ‘DynamiX’ folder

4. Now, go to your WordPress ‘Themes’ in your dashboard, and you should see this (after reloading the page):

5. Activate the 2.7.5 theme.

Of course the alternative is to rename the updated and unzipped ‘Dynamix’ folder 2.7.5 on your computer BEFORE uploading via the FTP, then you can just set it straight into ‘> public_html > wp-content > themes’ as a complete folder, but for the purposes of this post, I have done it by uploaded each sub-folder individually…….if you understand!

I like this method because it means that if I have problem, I can go back to the previous install (2.7 for example) that I know works and reactivate that, whilst I scratch various parts of my body trying figure out what I did wrong!…….. or scream Annnnnnnndyyyyyyyyyyy!

……. and I write this post as a total noob going through a very steep learning curve – but it worked for me.
    I like simple.

Theleaksquad
    Participant

Thanks, I used FTP and renamed the folder and it worked!!!!

ZaboRacing
    Participant

Phew! – hahahahahahahaha!

Normally I’m always the one asking Andy or Dan for help, so it’s nice being able to give something back!

Anonymous

Thanks for replying for me, amazing to have people helping me out 😉

ZaboRacing
    Participant

Your welcome Sir.

But the point of this forum is for everyone to help each other, no matter how inexperienced they are, or think they are….. and not totally depend on you to provide all the answers, help and advice.
    Everyone has been a ‘noob’ at some point, whether it’s HTML, CSS….. or merely activating this theme for the first time, and nobody ever should forget that…….. so even the simplest or most basic advice can be hugely helpful to someone.

We all have a collective responsibility to help each other get the best out of your excellent theme.

JLFH
    Participant

This post should be sticky for all we newbies

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

When I get chance I'll put this together as a guide then if you think it will help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.