Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / will DynamiX work if I rename wp-content folder?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • 5ngua
    Participant

Hi,

I want to change wp-content folder but want to ensure that DynamiX and all plugins like Advanced Excerpt, Revolution Slider and WPBakery Visual Composer… will work.

Thanks,

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can I just ask why you want to change this? It is a core folder of WordPress and I am sure other things will stop working if it is renamed. Here is a guide I found that may help you out if you do wish to still rename the folder.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

5ngua
    Participant

Hi, moving or renaming wp-content folder is an option provided by default. You can do this following this codex guide. Basically, people will want to change wp-content folder for security and branding reasons. But before making the change, they have to make sure that all their plugins and themes are using path functions that get information from the constants WP_CONTENT_DIR and WP_CONTENT_URL instead of hardcoded paths. So that all won’t be broken after the change.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work, but it would be a trial and error case.

This may help you out also. http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/renaming-wordpress-wp-content-folder/

5ngua
    Participant

There are several plugins and themes that do not follow best practices. They specify “wp-content” as the path and url in their code, instead of defining them dynamically. In such cases, the plugins and themes may not function properly. Furthermore, this will also break links to images that already attached in your posts and that are stored in wp-content.

This we have to ask Andy who is the theme author. He will know the best answer.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I asked him and he came back with, I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work, but it would be a trial and error case.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.