Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Wish for slide down

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi,

I use “You” on these side “http://frankwwweber.de” and on my start page You can slide down by the arrow symbol. If I do this, the slide down stops on the menu border and I see a little rest of the previous page. Is it possible, that he slide down goes a little bit higher that I only see the actual pictures of the background in this part? I hope my wish was clear. If not ask me again.

Have many thanks and kind regards Frank.

Hi Frank,

Can you please send us screenshots of the issue? I tried to check your homepage and I do not particularly see the issue from my end.

Regards,

Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

here ist a screenshot from my dropbox. I hope, so it’s clear. If not ask me again. Have a nice day

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6c2k3ffdmjyf0fp/mistake_scroll_up_frankwwweber_de.jpg?dl=0

Best regards Frank

I now see the issue.

I have coordinated this with Andy to confirm if this will be an easy fix on the code or if it will require a lot of code changes.

I will get back to you once I have an update on this.

Regards,

Hi Frank,

Can you please send over your FTP login credentials? Also, please give us permission to directly apply the fix to the theme files.

Thanks!

Frank Weber
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Frank

Thank you for sending us with your login credentials.

I have forwarded already this to the developer. I’ll get back to you once I have an update on this.

Regards,

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

Andy here, my apologies for the delay. I’ve updated your site, clear the cache and let me know if that’s okay. If you need it on any of the other sites you own, let me know.

Thanks,
    Andy

Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi Andy,

have cleared cache and checked. Sorry, not working. Please see Yourself (with mac, windows10, iPad, iPhone) on

http://frankwwweber.de

Best Regards Frank

Hi Frank,

I have forwarded this to Andy to recheck as I am also seeing the issue from my end even with cache cleared and on Incognito Window.

Regards,

Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi,

something news?

Kind regards Frank

My apologies for the delayed reply, Frank.

As confirmed by Andy, this is the default behavior of the theme as it’s designed to stop just before the row to show all of it.

If the header went into the row without showing a portion of the previous row, the menu will overlap the content you have on the next row.

The best option now would be to set a background color on the header when the page is scrolled instead of setting it as transparent.

Regards,

Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

thats sounds not so good. I have seen many websites where this work as I needed. Is it so difficult to change this behavior ?

Kind regards Frank

Hi Frank,

It will require a number of code changes which isn’t straightforward as Andy mentioned.

Setting the header to non-transparent when scrolling would be the easier workaround.

Regards,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.