Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / With multiple columns, text at top of columns does not align

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Peter
    Participant

On this page http://www.buildingexcellentschools.org/about/newsletter/ I am using 1/3-2/3 columns. The text at the top of the second column does not align with the text at the top of the first column, and I’m not sure why.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Anonymous

Hi,

Welcome to the joy of the WordPress editor. Have you made sure the text is pushed up against the column shortcode? e.g. [column …]Some text.

There are plugins out there to stop the editor putting in it’s own break or paragraphs tags. Checkout http://wordpress.org plugins. I’ve used this before http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ps-disable-auto-formatting/

Peter
    Participant

The text is butted against the bracket, but I am using an h2 tag for styling the headline. If I take the tag out, it aligns at the top, but I need to have the headline tag in there. I’m working in the HTML side of the editor. I’ll try the plugin you suggested.

Peter
    Participant

The plugin worked! I have to redo my text paragraph breaks, but it’s worth it. Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Anonymous

No problem 😉

Peter
    Participant

Ah. Unfortunately, it disables auto formatting globally throughout the site. So it’ll be good when used from the start on a new site, but I can’t go through and re-format all my pages.

Any other thoughts?

Peter
    Participant

I suppose I can pad the top of the first column to drop it down about a line if there’s no way to get the h2 tag included.

Anonymous

It’s really temperamental – I’ve just tested it on my server and they align with each other. Make sure the other column is butted up against it aswell (if you haven’t already).

Peter
    Participant

This is getting comical. When I butt the first column text against the shortcode bracket (which it wasn’t), WP adds an extra line at the top of that column with which the second column aligns. So, they are still not in alignment, but swapped!

If the h2 tag is what messing things up, is there a way around that so that the h2 tag doesn’t also create a line break?

Anonymous

Can you send me a private message with your WP login details and I’ll have a quick look for you.

Peter
    Participant

That was weird, Now it looks OK.

Peter
    Participant

Yo had sent me this in an e-mail, but the code doesn’t show. Can you re-send or post it here?

BTW, the support forum rocks!

Here’s all I got:
    “Try this bit of code in your editor (make sure it’s in the HTML view).

Neil
    Participant

What was the result of this topic? – I have exactly the same problem! I'm using H1 tags at the top of both columns and they don't align. What was the code to try? Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.