Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WMPL plugin deletes articles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Rupert Weis
    Participant

Hello, I thought the themes works well with the WMPL plugins –
    but not really. After activating – it deleted all my articles. I tested it in another account. It seems to work well with the standard article, but not with quotes or other options.
    Are they different – and in what way?
    I need a language translation – so I have to find out what happens here. Also I can say it is really annoying after loosing more than 50 quotes.
    Rupert

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Rupert,

The WMPL plugin should not be deleting posts. We recommend using the qTranslate plugin for translation. Could you test that out too?

Please could you explain further as to what you mean by it does not work with quotes or other options?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Rupert Weis
    Participant

I thought it did not work with anything else than standard articles – options like quotes, links or status…
    but actually thats not the reason.
    The plugin was not activated for some time, as during the development I experimented with child theme and also different plugins like qTranslate etc. So I deactivated the ones not used. But of course continued with the development of the site.
    So WMPL gets angry with that. If its activated, then not activated for a while, it won´t take the changes but goes back to the old version. So my recommondation if you still in development and have not decided which plugin to use – better delete them and upload them new….
    However, really annoying for plugin which costs this much
    Rupert
    Rupert

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback Rupert, I’ve not come across this before – is this what the WPML plugin guys suggested?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.