Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Woocomerce: ajax issue on checkout page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Jeff
    Participant

Hiya guys.

Came across a strange issue. There is an ajax conflict I think on the checkout page of woocommerce.

When I login as a user and add a product and checkout, the bottom part of the Your Order shows terms and conditions, payment style, and OK button.

When someone is NOT logged in, the Your Order section appears and then suddenly after the ajax cursor rotates disappears and in its place a display:none text (strangely not in the css but onscreen).

The woocommerce people say its a theme issue, so I’ll give here a shot.

Thanks guys.

Jeff
    Participant

Found the association error: buddypress

If I disable buddypress, it works fine even when a user is not logged in.

Of course I need buddypress, so is there a way we can fix this small issue? Thank you very much.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

Can you confirm if this is happening with the DynamiX demo here? Please test the same things and let me know if you experience the same problem. From what I think you are saying, the DynamiX site has no issues. If this is the case, it sounds like something to do with your setup or plugins.

Do you have a link to your site so I can take a further look into this? Please set your reply to private also.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jeff
    Participant

Hi Tom.

Absolutely, it looks like my setup is similar. Same links, and checkout process. After clicking checkout to pay on your demo, without logging in of course, yours loads at the bottom.

As I’ve said, I’ve narrowed it down to buddypress (if I deactivate it it works) which is funny because you have it activated.

The only thing I can add/help that may be different is my installation is MU for wordpress, but both BP and WOO and installed ONLY on the one site which is the base/main one.

Apart from that lets say its a plugin interfering, what should I try? I deactivated all plugins one by one (this is how I discovered buddypress).

Thanks for any help suggestions. 🙂

Jeff
    Participant

Tom, I found it. Its a function I wrote some time ago to hide a bp tab from user not logged in:

/*hide buddypress tab to not logged in users*/
    if( !is_user_logged_in() ):
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // Remove media menu if user is logged in
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    function jeff_hide_media() { ?>
    <style> #user-media { display:none; } </style>
    <?php }
    add_action('bp_setup_nav','jeff_hide_media');
    endif;

I need ti fix this up. I’ll sort it out, I think 🙂 Thanks.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

Ah ok! Glad you sorted things out. Thank you for coming back to us.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.