Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Woocommerce add to cart message not showing up when WP Super Cache is enabled…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Jason
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I’m having trouble getting Woocommerce “[prodcut] has been added to your cart” message on single product pages to show up when WP Super Cache is enabled…

The message comes up fine when WP Super cache is disabled or another plugin (eg WP fastest cache) is used but we prefer Super Cache.
    Everything else (carts/checkout) seems to work fine.
    Wordpress core and all plugins/themes are up to date.

If there’s an easy solution to the message display issue, please let me know!

Many thanks. Keep up with the great work! : )

Cheers

Jason

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

I’m not sure if it’s going to be possible – do you have a link to a single product please – it maybe that we can add a string into Settings > WP Super Cache > Advanced > Strings field. The problem I think we’ll have is that each product page is unique.

Jason
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply! : )

All the single products are under [domain]/product/[single product name].
    It works fine as expected when when I add “/product/” to exclude the single pages from being cached, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the caching plugin…

I see in the WP Super Cache FAQ (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/faq/) that it is possible to make certain parts of the cached page dynamic. But I can’t find enough examples to work out how to do it and it’s a bit over my head…

Seeing the other parts of the theme (like the cart widget in the header) updates fine when a product is added, I was hoping the theme already has working mechanism for the dynamic updates that can be used to display the message as well?

Let me know if you have a solution for this or if you could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Try adding just the text product into the strings field to see if that picks up on the permalink.

Jason
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Like I said: It works fine as expected when when I add “/product/” to exclude the single pages from being cached, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the caching plugin…

Can you suggest how to make the message part of the page dynamic like the Cart Widget (in the header) please?

Cheers

Jason

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Sorry, I didn’t see your reply with regards to the product.

Unfortunately I don’t know any other way around it off the top of my head. Your best bet would be to contact Woocommerce or WP Super Cache, but I’m sure they’ll say the same.

The widget works off ajax, but trying to implement that into the woocommerce core isn’t going to be straightforward.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.