Home / Forums / You Theme Support / WooCommerce Shop Page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • sandwichmike
    Participant

Hi – thanks again for great support

I have set up a Shop page through WooCommerce and I understand that when one dedicates a shop page as the official woocommerce shop page, the plugin takes over and doesn’t allow format customising. The solution suggested – adding shortcodes to duplicate pages is a little beyond my comfort level, so before I dive in and try and find a solution or hire a pro, I wonder if there is a Custom CSS solution to these two issues (the rest, I can live with πŸ™‚ )

1. There is a large grey ugly header on the Shop page which isn’t on my other pages – can that be removed for that page only?

2. Can a background image be added to just that Shop page?

Thanks

Hi @mikemckie

The shop page has a unique ‘class’, so a CSS can be added for both issues to be resolved.

If you can send over your site’s URL, we can check it and give you the exact CSS codes you can use.

Regards,

sandwichmike
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @mikemckie

Actually, the best option is not to specify a “Shop Page” on WooCommerce so that you have full control over the “Custom Shop” page.

I have removed it from: http://www.sandwich-craft.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wc-settings&tab=products&section=display

You should now have full control over how the page will look via Visual Composer on the Custom Shop Page.,

If you want to add a custom background to the page, you can use this CSS (paste it into Theme Options > Custom CSS)

.page-id-282 {
        background: #000000;
    }

Replace the color to any you prefer or any background image you want to use.

You can also add the background to the Row instead of using that CSS.

Regards,

sandwichmike
    Participant

Thank you so much!

You’re welcome, @mikemckie

If you like the theme, please don’t forget to rate it at https://themeforest.net/item/you-multipurpose-responsive-wordpress-theme/15175900?s_rank=2

Regards,

sandwichmike
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @mikemckie

I have checked and the footer text is in your site. Can you please clear your browser cache and recheck?

Thanks!

sandwichmike
    Participant

Hi, it shows on Mobile, but not on any desktop browsers – I tried three different browsers

Hi @mikemckie

Can you please send us a screenshot?

I see the footer text “Copyright Pepperbox SL 2017” on http://www.sandwich-craft.com/shop/ both on desktop and mobile.

Regards,

sandwichmike
    Participant

Its very strange, it shows correctly on other machines now, but not on mine – on any of the three browsers.

I guess its not that important if it shows on other machines – strange though πŸ™‚

Hi @mikemckie

You can try to reinstall the browsers because it can be a problem with a bad cache.

Regards,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.