Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WordPress 3.1 – Any compatibility issues?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Shaufi
    Participant

Hiya,

Since WP just launched 3.1, i would just like to know whether there's any problems with upgrading to 3.1 with this theme?

Or should we just sit and wait it out first?

Thanks!!

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

ive been testing with 3.1 for a while now with this theme,the only problem is the new admin bar doesnt like the buddypress admin bar,in user profile it can be disabled for the front end and backend.

other than that everything seems real good,off course plugins are a different kettle of fish.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

As Dan said all works fine – works ok with BuddyPress as well now, I upgraded to the latest version and it ignores the new admin bar. Shame they don't have a global switch off for all users?

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

just upgraded,everything cool,Andy,has your wp admin bar completely gone? i commented out that snippet in functions.php just to be sure,dunno why they didnt have the wp bar replace the buddypress one,its much nicer i think.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It has when I have BP active. I'll have to put some code in the next update to shift the drop panel down if the WP bar is active. 

Michael DeHart
    Participant

I just upgraded to WP 3.1 and I'm having an issue with my category and tag pages not being found. Any thoughts on what could have changed?

Michael DeHart
    Participant

I did some research and there are a number of different suggestions for fixing this issue. I went through the majority of them with not much luck, but then stumbled upon a plugin the wordpress team put out to resolve the issue.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/permalink-fix-disable-canonical-redirects-pack/

Still need to reactivate all my other plugins, but all looks good so far.

Ian Wheeler
    Participant

When I updated to 3.1: when creating a new post / page – it caused my shortcode selection menu to be fully expanded (all of them on show). So as I was forced to revert to 3.0.5.

Edit: (addition)

As an update to that – over the weekend (when getting it back to 3.0.5) I did a re-install to start a fresh with my entire site (all new content etc). I have just updated to 3.1 with the latest theme and its all fine.

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

because the upgrade is to core files,its often best to just backup everything and do a fresh install,if your familier with windows,after adding and removing stuff,it gets kinda choka,needs a spring clean once in a while.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.