Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WordPress 4.3 needs Revolution Slider Update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Gareth Chapman
    Participant

Hi – There’s an update for Revolution Slider which enables compatibility with WordPress 4.3 – current version of RS (5.0.2) not working after update. How do I acquire the updated RS (5.0.4.1) please?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Gareth,

I’ll provide a link to the new version. Unfortunately right now, my internet connection will not handle uploading the 200mb file from ThemeForest.

I’ll be back on a normal “fast” connection tomorrow and will do this then.

Gareth Chapman
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Disappointing, though – it means my site is effectively down for 36 hours!! No alternative option? Many thanks for a great theme.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Gareth,

The only other option is to buy the plugin separately which is what they desperately want you to do. They’ve made it difficult to update now in an attempt to get users to buy an individual license and receive their “automatic” updates.

Gareth Chapman
    Participant

Thanks Andy- I understand the politics of it. The question is – are you able to make the update available? I’m desperate now!!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Gareth,

Back on fast internet. Quick fix, you can download revslider.zip from here : http://acoda.com/tmp/revslider.zip – I’ll update the themes ASAP.

Gareth Chapman
    Participant

Thanks Andy – that worked a treat! Great!
    On the longer term issue – I understand why we feel a bit miffed about having to pay for updates to Revolution Slider when we’ve bought it as part of Dynamix – but what would be your recommendation? Are they going to get increasingly ‘stroppy’ and eventually pull the plug on updates? Can you negotiate any deal? Advice welcome.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Gareth,

The updates aren’t an issue – it was more the fact I was travelling and had a poor internet connection and it so happened to fall on the time WP released an update that wiped it out. 😉

I am looking at being able to remotely update it from my server. I’ve just invested in a mega server, might as well make the most of it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.