Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WordPress 4.5.2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • Mark Dean
    Participant

I updated WordPress 4.5.2 and Dynamix (version 2.8.x) broke. The main menu dropdowns no longer functioned as well as some of the pages did not display properly.

I then updated to latest DynamiX version, and that was even worse. The style of my site completely changed and pages were not displaying properly.

I had to revert back to older version of WordPress and Dynamix.

Is Dynamix compatible with WordPress 4.5.2? What is the correct update path for latest DynamiX theme.

Thanks,
    Mark

Hi@marksdean

The older version of Dyanmix theme is not compatible with WP 4.5 thus, you need to update the theme to 5.3.

Once the theme is updated, you also need to update the Visual Composer 4.11.2 that came along with the theme.

Regards,

mld1000
    Participant

I just updated WP 4.5.2 and am having similar problems. I found where to update via the Envato toolkit, but when click the ‘update automatically’ I get a message that says I will lose any customizations I have made. What exactly does that mean?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  mld1000.

Hi @mld1000

Can you send over your login credentials so we can check on this further?

Regards,

mld1000
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @mld1000

I checked your WP Dashboard and it shows that you are still using Dynamix 5.0.4 and Visual Composer 4.7.4 which are an outdated versions. Please note that the older versions are not compatible with WP 4.5. Kindly update the Dynamix theme to version 5.3. Once the theme is updated, also update the Visual Composer to version 4.11.2 that came along with theme.

If you have already updated everything, kindly recheck the site if it’s now working.

Regards,

wildspan
    Participant

how can i update my Dynamix theme to Version 5.3. theme? currently its at 3.0.3 and I’ve lost touch with the developer who bought it for me.
    I can’t do anything on the backend anymore, cant create posts pages, or even edit revolution slider, VC isn’t working either

mld1000
    Participant

Edcel,

I updated the theme and everything appears to be fine, but it will not update Visual Composer from 4.7.4. When trying to update it says it is already at the latest version. It is not. Further, VC does not show up in my installed plugins.

Mike

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  mld1000.

Hi @wildspan

Since you already have the Envato plugin installed, please use it to update the site. As long as you did not do any customization directly on the theme files and only kept the customization under ‘Theme Options’, any changes should not be lost.

Another option on updating is to do it manually via FTP. Login to your Themeforest account, download the new version of the theme then upload it to your site via FTP.

Here is the guide: http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/theme-installation-updating/

Thanks!

mld1000
    Participant

Edcel or Andy.

I updated the theme and everything appears to be fine, but it will not update Visual Composer from 4.7.4. When trying to update it says it is already at the latest version. It is not. Further, VC does not show up in my installed plugins.

Mike

Please deactivate and delete Visual Composer. Once done, install the new version from this link: http://carguysandgals.com/wordpress/wp-admin/themes.php?page=install-required-plugins

Thanks!

mld1000
    Participant

VC does not appear in the plugins in the admin panel, so I can’t deactivate and delete it. Suggestions?

mld1000
    Participant

Sorry guys – I found it and followed the instructions and everything appears to be fine now.

Thanks!

Glad to know that.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

mld1000
    Participant

Andy & Edcel,

I spoke too soon it appears. The mobile menu and anchor button (Get Started Here) are not working from my phone.

Thanks,

Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.