Home / Forums / ePix Support / WordPress Backend Unbearably Slow: WP 4.2.3 | ePix 2.0.1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Chris M Shelton
    Participant

The title says it all. If I switch to a different theme, the backend speeds up. When I enable ePix, my average page load jumps upwards of 7 – 12 seconds, making it nearly unusable.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Can you provide your WP login details please, I’ll take a look for you. The only thing I can think of is the connection to Envato to check for updates. I can disable this and see if it makes a difference.

Chris M Shelton
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Chris M Shelton
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

I’ve never known an admin to be that slow. My guess is that the server is blocking something the theme is trying to load.

The other themes are working faster due to a) not being a complex and b) them not calling the same files or functions. Trying to workout which function or file that is, is the difficult part.

However, it does appear to be related to Visual Composer too. Whether this is just because it’s quite a heavy plugin, I’m not sure.

I’m convinced it’s something to do with either your server or WordPress install. If you can test on another server, you’ll be able to see how fast it usually runs.

You could try re-installing WordPress to see if that speeds things up?

Failing that, i’d ask your hosting if they can see anything going on. I’ve even tried a plugin called “Heartbeat Control” which is designed to reduce the amount of calls to the admin-ajax file which slows the admin down. But it made little difference.

Chris M Shelton
    Participant

Hi Andy,

As is often the case with computers a “restart” seems to have resolved the problem. I uninstalled WordPress using HostGators Quickinstall tool and then reinstalled. Added the theme back, enabled Visual Composer and it’s running great! Usually that is my first step in troubleshooting this type of thing, but since all the other themes seemed to work just fine I figured it was isolated to ePix. Anyhow, thanks for looking into this. Can’t wait to get my site completed with your theme. It’s a great piece of work!!!

-Chris

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

That’s a relief, I’m glad it’s all okay now. I can’t wait to see what you create, make sure you post it in this thread once you’re done. http://help.themeva.com/groups/epix-support-group/forum/topic/show-me-your-epix-site/

Have a good day!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.