Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WordPress SEO by Yoast can not rewrite title for FrontPage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • 5ngua
    Participant

Hi,
    If we set a static page as the Frontpage, then we can not define custom title for it with WordPress SEO by Yoast.
    Wordpress SEO by Yoast>Title & Meta > Home will link us to the static page. But if we try to write something in the SEO fields, it does not work. WordPress SEO by Yoast just can not re-write the title for this page anymore. The rest of site work well. If the frontpage display the lastest posts, it also workks well. So I think this is a theme bug. Please do not tell me to check “Force rewrite titles” because this can slow down the website.
    Hope this will be fixed in the future.
    Hung.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m about to rewrite this for the header, this is what I’m going to change it to if you want to do it yourself:

Edit DynamiX/header.php

change:

<title><?php if(is_front_page()) bloginfo('name'); else wp_title( '', true, 'right' ); ?></title>

to:

<title><?php wp_title( '', true, 'right' ); ?> | <?php bloginfo('name'); ?> </title>

5ngua
    Participant

thanks. I will wait until the next release since I am not in priority doing this. But this is an important update please do not forget to do it for the next release.

Zacchaeus Nifong
    Participant

Gents~

Thanks guys. This was a great little Topic and Thread. The PHP code solved the issue. Cheers.

Z

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.