Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / WordPress shopping cart plugin from tribulant software causing abberations in gaphics

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Will
    Participant

I just installed the wordpress shopping cart plugin from Tribulant software (which is great btw) except!  My + and – signs and my ">" symbols on my themed accordians are now showing up as just little black blocks.  How to fix?  Sorry if this has been addressed.  TY.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

What version of DynamIX are you using? The CSS styling from the plugin are overwriting the Theme's styling. You may have to find the CSS and disable it, I did try and improve this in 2.8.6 but it's impossible to do for all plugins. 

Will
    Participant

Hi Andy, I'm on 2.8.6.  Any advise on finding the specific CSS file?  Thanks in advance.  

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Will,

You'll need to contact the plugin author – unfortunately I do not know how they have structured it. If you ask them how to disable the jQuery accordion styling, they should be able to help. 

Harald Kalasek
    Participant

hi will,

have you solved your problems with the tribulant shopping cart plugin? I´m having troubles as and need help.

I´m having problems with the login page (conflict between the tribulant tabs and the dynamix tabs) and the calculations on a product page. It just shows "calculating" but I never get an result. This works fine in a WP standard theme and some other minor problems.

TIP: I´m using cssedit (on a mac) to edit css-files. The nice thing about: just click on the item in the css browser and it shows you the tag and the css-file where it is used.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Harald,

Can you post a link to your site – I'll try to identify if there are any errors being caused. From what you're describing it's javascript related. The plugin may not be registering frameworks correctly. 

Harald Kalasek
    Participant

hi andy

the site URL is: http://kalasek.at

DynamiX is far the best theme outthere in (my opinion) and the shopping cart from tribulant is my favorite (I use the jigoshop on one site as well and I bought also the getshopped goldcart). I would apprechiate any help to get both running together smoothly (DynamiX & Tribulant) 😀

I´m building my store/website completly new for 2012 and need it up and running quickly. I´m also in contact with the developers at tribulant for a solution.

Actually there is not much in the shop. It doesn´t make sense until it works as it should, but one product is there and you can see its behavior. The shop itself is in german – hope this is not a problem for you.

I can give you L/P, if this would help you.

Thanks for your help,

Harald

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Harald,

Unfortunately I won't be able to do too much to help with the integration because it can take a great deal of development – integrating fully with WP e-Commerce was quite a large task. Have you tried it? 

As for the errors – something is calling colorbox.js but doesn't exist, this will cause issues. Try disabling all plugins bar the Shop plugin and see if that resolves the issue – there is also an issue with jquery.ui.button.min.js. 

When you have disabled all other plugins, let me know and I'll check again. 

Harald Kalasek
    Participant

hi andy,

I have tried WP e-commerce, but it doesn´t fit my needs. the goldcart plugin didn´t make it any better. I need price triers and variations with various options influencing the final price and this didn´t work for me in WP e-commerce. If I set variations, the base price doesn´t work anymore.

If WP e-commerce would fullfill my needs, I would use it. You did a very nice integration of it – my compliments for your work 🙂

But in my case, I´m just switching between problems … (I noticed some other strange behaviors with it as well)

colorbox.js didn´t work because I disabled the file from loading (renamed it). this file seems to be responisble for the error on the product page. If the script is active, it shows endless "calculating …"; if it is turned off, the calculation of price plus variations is done quickly.

another issue with colorbox.js is: if it is turned on, it doesn´t enlarge the image. if it is turened of, it enlages the image in a new window.

unfortunatly there are other issues as well.

Actually the only plugin installed is the shop plugin to avoid conflicts with others.

Would you do a paid intergration and how much would you charge? The Tribulant shopping cart comes with 2 themes; 1 works better, the other displays it nicer.

I only have a very basic knowledge of php and scripting; I tried to make 1 theme wich works for me in your theme, but it goes far beyond my little horizon 😉

Most of the Tribulant default theme (which I like best) works. So I don´t need a completly new theme, I just need some bug-fixes on this to work in your theme.

If you are interested and if you want to give a closer look to the files, I can give you access to my host. Then you can decide if you will do it and how much you will charge me for it?! What do you think about? (of course you can use the solution you found for other DynamiX and Tribulant users as well which gives more value to your theme)

Thank you 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Harald,

Unforunately at the moment I havne't got the time to spend developing something like this. So the colorbox.js is being called by the plugin? 

Where have you disabled the call for this js file. It maybe worth contact the makers of the plugin to see where you can reference it as they may not have correctly queued the js file and that's why it's causing conflicts. 

It may actually be worth enabling it as default and then I'll take alook at the conflicts to see if there is anything else causing the issue. 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.