Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Would it be possible to disable Visual Composer entirely?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • J.G.
    Participant

In our situation, it logs way too many warnings. We would not mind to be without it, for the sake of the server.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

As a suggestion, have you tried disabling error reporting? If I think its what you mean, it could be the PHP 5.4 error reporting, it can be switched off and would resolved the issue. They aren’t actual errors, just warnings though.

Please take a look here, to see how to resolve this issue.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Tom

J.G.
    Participant

Thank you Tom,

So far it is on developing server only – and yes it is (PHP 5.4). I did try to stop warnings in the log using all methods I could put my hands on, playing with php.ini, htaccess, or <?php in wp-config without luck (not counting switching the entire log off).

I am getting about 51 lines of warnings after each click on the site, so all it does is writing the log. Just seemed a bit excessive if on busy production server later on, not the end of the world though.

George

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Replace this file “DynamiX/lib/adm/inc/js_composer/composer/lib/mapper.php

With this,

http://help.themeva.com/tmp/mapper.php.zip

This should sort out the errors.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Tom

J.G.
    Participant

Huge improvement Tom, your help really is appreciated. 48 out of 51 complains are gone, there are only three (identical) lines left after each click now. It does not come from mapper though, it is sub-functions.php

[17-Apr-2013 15:16:35 UTC] PHP Warning:  Missing argument 2 for setcss(), called in htdocs6wp-contentthemesDynamiXlibincsub-functions.php on line 1205 and defined in htdocs6wp-contentthemesDynamiXlibincsub-functions.php on line 1235

George

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Andy will also address these and post up a fix for you.

Kind regards,

Tom

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi George,

My apologies for the delay, edit DynamiX/lib/inc/sub-functions.php and locate this line:

$class = setcss($inherited_elements);

change to:

$class = setcss( $inherited_elements,'' );

J.G.
    Participant

The log is clean. Now you spoiled me beyond expectation. (Smiles).

Thank you.

George

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No problem, I’m glad it’s all okay now, have a good weekend!

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

i too would like to disable visual editor and instead see a return of shortcode generator, i work in html and not visual but like the speed the shortcode generator offered, suppose i could create coda clips or something for them but thats not ideal, purhaps an option in theme options to activate it ?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can generate shortcodes and switch to classic editor to work in HTML but as the industry progresses, visual editing is simpler to use for most people. We are hoping that visual composer will allow you to generate shortcode code without inserting it but we will have to wait and see.

Kind regards,

Tom

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

thats not particularly helpfull for people like me, how are we supposed to know what the short codes  are without having to pick out the functions in the code ??????????????????

at least edit the demo site/documentation to show the short codes, otherwise this template ive been using & contributed to since just after launch is rendered useless, templates are supposed to speed up development of websites.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

How is it rendered useless? Unfortunately I can’t please everyone but the composer 100% speeds up development and still generates the short codes. I know it’s a change, but once you’re used to how it works it makes things much easier.

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

hi andy,

after a few hours playing around with visual editor i have to admit it is quite good, i still think it is a little slower  for me but i do like the ability to create templates 🙂

BUT. what if i want shortcodes in text widgets ?? or in shortcode enabled text boxes in the theme settings?? i’d have to create a post/page, use visual editor to create the short codes then copy/paste, pretty time consuming and tedious, where as if we had a reference to the actual shortcodes say on the demo / support site, or perhaps a modal window could be triggered by a small icon with tooltip next to all text boxes in posts/pages/theme options/or on the admin bar then that would help enormously.  😉

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, the list too large to list them all. Which shortcodes would be ideal for a quick insert option? Just an idea at the moment but Andy might introduce the option for a quick insert.

Kind regards,

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.