Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / wp admin bar overlay

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Steven Board
    Participant

Hi Andy,

How did you get the awp admin bar to go above the menu and search box for your theme.  In mine it just goes over the top of the search box and the top of the menu.

Cheers

Steve

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Do you mean the buddypress admin bar?

Steven Board
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Take a look at tramwayallotments.co.uk a site I'm just starting to set up.

The wp admin bar is over the top of the search box created by the DynamiX theme.

How do you get the admin bar to appear above the search box as you have done for help.northvantage.co.uk

Steve

Steven Board
    Participant

Just noticed you're using the buddy press plugin, just downloading it to see if that fixes the problem.

Steven Board
    Participant

I have installed the buddy press plugin and it does then correctly put the admin bar above the dynamix theme search, however this isn't want I want.  I just want the standard admin bar to be displayed without installing the buddy theme.

Any idea what I need to change in the CSS to get this to be correctly laid out.

Cheers

Steve

Steven Board
    Participant

Ok, I think I need to set the top: 25px; for the .tab-wrap class to ensure that there is enough space for the admin bar.

Cheers

Steve

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Are you set on having that admin bar? I just disable for non BP sites – it's annoying and I haven't come across one person who finds it useful. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.